6 Year Old Girl Drowns in Canal

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DeltaDog, Mar 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Canal Death Girl's Twin Brother Raised Alarm

Let me get this straight.

Four 6 year olds were outside playing. On their own. In the dark. By a canal.

Predictably, the results were tragic.

I realise the question has become something of a cliché, but where the **** were their parents?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. No.

Sunset in Kidderminster yesterday was at 1821. So, it wasn't dark.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. OK so it was dusk, not night, still wonder what 6 year olds were doing out on their own though...
  4. Never mind, there'll be a pile of cheap teddy bears, service station flowers and a tawdry facebook page and that's the main thing.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Probably in a Tapas Bar a couple of hundred metres away getting pissed with friends......
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Dusk? It was still daylight. After that comes twilight, and only at the tail-end of twilight is it dusk.
  7. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Kudos to that kid though, maybe that 6 yr old was able to get one of them out.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  8. It's a bit if a red herring isn't it? The OP's question stands.
  9. Of course it does. But the bit about it being dark is wrong.
  10. In my considered opinion, it looks like an accident.

How is this national news?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Kid runs off to play, without parents, and drowns.

Tragic. When will they be on JC?
  12. JK?
  13. But surely the other kids would've been drugged up and in bed? Were the parents doctors by any chance?
  14. Given that the story indicates that the girl fell in the canal, then her playmates tried to rescue her, the her brother ran home and someone called 999, then police responded, then police put on wetssuits and entered the canal and then they finally pulled her out at 6:20 it would appear that the poor thing fell in well before sunset.

A horrible thing for all her family and friends