6 SUP REGT RLC LAD REME

Discussion in 'REME' started by Roscoe1724, Sep 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, I just got a posting to 6 Supply RLC LAD REME in GUttersloh, Germany.

Anyone ever been posted there?
    Whats it like?
    Recent deployments? Planned deployments?
    Is it Z-type accom?

I get the feeling im going to be bored out of mind, but I want to find out from people who have been there.

Guess if its boring I can just travel Europe till its over.

Cheers.

EDIT: Forgot to mention im an armourer.

2. Nobody have any info? Any would be greatly appreciated.

3. i havent been there myself but a freind of mine was the previous armourer there! he came back from afghan lst year but dont think they have any deployments upco ming - but dont hold me to that
    not z type either!

4. the ASM is a great friend of mine , shall I tell him you think its going to be boring??I am sure he can liven it up for you , afterall you are not going to be hard to track being an armourer...............................foot/mouth disengage?

5. oooh hark at her 'the ASM is my pal'

i think the lad means he'll be bored in his own feckin time not work, hence his idea of travelling europe if it turns out it is actually boring....................

6. i got the same impression as you Joe that Roscoe was worried Gutersloh would be boring.....

Roscoe i served in Gutersloh 94-97 and thoroughly enjoyed it, i was at the other camp Mansergh Bks and you will be at PRB but if you get about a bit and enjoy Germany you will be fine i'm sure. Hanover, Bielefeld, Paderborn and lots of other major cities are within an hour of Gutersloh.

I think most here will agree Germany is what you make of it, enjoy it and travel at the weekends, dont get stuck in camp doing the Club 47 and Sammies bar routine! (if they are still called that!!)

7. They currently have guys away. so it's rear party at the moment. The accomodation is single rooms with sink, but shit compared to all the other units in PRB. Hope you like your Phys as the ASM and OC do. USED to be a really good unit, how things change, but don't want to say any more about that. Gutersloh is Ok, plenty of things to do on weekend's, don't just stay in PRB.

8. Nice one guys, thanks for the heads up!

9. There will be an info pact on its way to you in the post. Couple of phone numbers in there so call us and we will tell all about wonderful 6

its what you make of it :D

10. Supply Regt ? RLC ? - can't see much call for an Armourer there..??
    Or have 'things' moved along a bit ?

As a previous poster said - you will at least be a fitter Soldier - and that can't be bad - can it ?

Good luck mate - learn some German too - and 'look' in to the small villages...surprising that.. 8)

11. The Supply Regt's are probably the busiest in the RLC with pax deployed on both Telic and Herrick permanently.

12. That's good to hear !!

13. will definatly be busy all the time, most of it will have nothing to do with weapons. The regt is always deployed somewhere which leaves the rest of us with the joys of rear party.

Whats red and white, and goes up and down?
    The barrier stag on mother humper :p