• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

6 Pounder A/Tk gun

Any of you spotters have documentation relating to the 6 pounder AT gun?

I can get info on the ammo easily but it's the actual gun I'm looking for now.

Also any parts or old gate guardians about to be scrapped. Our group will have them for a restoration project.

Cheers,
GM

contact RA museum at Woolwich?

Link

Price is a bit steep but, it does come with ammo so you don't have to hunt around for a 57mm reloading press.

Not sure what I would do with it but every collection needs one don't you think?

Lost-Jock said:
Price is a bit steep but, it does come with ammo so you don't have to hunt around for a 57mm reloading press.

Not sure what I would do with it but every collection needs one don't you think?
Not bad but probably not for me. Now if it was an Ordnance QF 25 pounder on the other hand then we could talk. :)

Plenty of 25 Pdrs kicking about - go The Gunner website for example, but I can't recall ever having seen a 6 pdr at the militaria shows - were they all scrapped when the 17 Pdr came in?

Lost-Jock said:
Link

Bit more than we wanted to pay.

Memory fades but is there/was there one in the entrance the armoury at ITC Catterick or was it a German 3.7cm?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Resurgam Gunners 11
tutankhamun Old & Bold 51
General Melchett Infantry 2