6 Pounder A/Tk gun

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by General Melchett, Sep 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Any of you spotters have documentation relating to the 6 pounder AT gun?

I can get info on the ammo easily but it's the actual gun I'm looking for now.

Also any parts or old gate guardians about to be scrapped. Our group will have them for a restoration project.

2. The 6pr was also used by the Yanks as the 57mm M1 so they might be another source of info and bits.
  3. contact RA museum at Woolwich?
  4. We fixed one up in Colchester in 1980 and I believe it went to the IWM.
  5. Link

Price is a bit steep but, it does come with ammo so you don't have to hunt around for a 57mm reloading press.

Not sure what I would do with it but every collection needs one don't you think?
  6. Not bad but probably not for me. Now if it was an Ordnance QF 25 pounder on the other hand then we could talk. :)
  7. Plenty of 25 Pdrs kicking about - go The Gunner website for example, but I can't recall ever having seen a 6 pdr at the militaria shows - were they all scrapped when the 17 Pdr came in?
  8. General Melchett

Bit more than we wanted to pay.
  9. General Melchett

Memory fades but is there/was there one in the entrance the armoury at ITC Catterick or was it a German 3.7cm?
  10. Qinetiq may still have a few hanging around as they used to be used for plate proofing of armour.