Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 Nations 2014

I think this has been argued before. The clubs, who lets face it dictate to the unions these days, would never allow more international games during the regular season. So if you want to play the minor countries regularly it would have to be out of season. This would obviously not happen during a Lions year or a world cup year.

The only way Scotland and Italy will improve is if more money is put into the professional game in the respective countries. I think the idea of a new professional club in Aberdeen is a good one, but someone has to come up with the dosh (does anyone in the SRU know a mega rich Ukrainian looking to move his money westwards?)

As for Scotland or Italy being kicked out of the 6 Nations!! Get real, it is a fantastic international competition, which has been enhanced by the inclusion of Italy (think Parrisse and Castrogiovanni) France got the wooden spoon last year and I don't hear anyone wanting to bin them.

Last year Scotland were third, Italy fourth and France fifth (no wooden spoon (they managed to scrape 1 win)) but, you're right when you say that no one is talking about binning France.

Last year Scotland were third, Italy fourth and France fifth (no wooden spoon (they managed to scrape 1 win)) but, you're right when you say that no one is talking about binning France.

They also managed a draw. They still got the wooden spoon though.

Oh and they were 6th not 5th....that's why it's called the 6 nations!!!

They also managed a draw. They still got the wooden spoon though.

Oh and they were 6th not 5th....that's why it's called the 6 nations!!!
Ooops! You're right of course! :oops: It was Ireland that were fifth! No wooden spoon, though, coz the wooden spoon is when a team loses every game (like Italy did this year) not (as some people believe) for being last in the tournament! What goes around comes around. Don't fix it if it's not broken.

Ooops! You're right of course! :oops: It was Ireland that were fifth! No wooden spoon, though, coz the wooden spoon is when a team loses every game (like Italy did this year) not (as everyone else believes, exept me) for being last in the tournament! What goes around comes around. Don't fix it if it's not broken.

FOC

Ridiculous to even contemplate Scotland not being part of the 6N. They've been poor for a couple of years but they have the capacity to turn most teams over on their day (including Australia and that's something Wales find hard to do).

It's like AvN. The Army will win nine years out of ten but that one in ten makes it worthwhile.

That and the Corps tent.

It would be unethical to "bin" the last winners of the Five Nations just because they're having a bad time of it at the moment.

I note that Chris951 liked my post with the mention of the R Signals Corps Bar. You still ******* OWE ME YOU CHANCER !!!

:)

Latest Threads