6 Nations 2009

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Auld-Yin, Feb 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well that's the start done - 2 games played, one total shoite and the other a great example of what international rugby should be.

How bad were England yesterday? Regardless of the score that must be one of the worst displays by an England team for decades.

As for the Ireland v France game. What a delight to watch. Great rugby, lots of passion and played right to the last minute. France have nothing to be ashamed of but well done Ireland for a brilliant performance.

I only hope that this afternoon's game at Murrayfield will be as entertaining as that from Dublin.

For obvious reasons I would prefer the home team to prevail 8)
  2. I agree with everything you've said. England were very poor, but the Italians were worse!

Well played to the Paddys, and the French...a great game.

Today, however, will hopefully be the 1st win for Wales, on their road to victory. But if the Sweatys play to the form of their home mataches last year then they may well turn us over? Either way, I hope it will be a good game to watch.
  3. England were gifted two of their trys and the score line flattered what was a match played without pride, passion and commitment by a team that just isn't clicking.

Wales shall win this afternoon and next weekend ( with any luck the same Enlgand team that turned up yesterday will turn up next weekend and get a stuffing!)

On a slightly related matter, I've been unable to access the fantasy site since last night anyone else having the same problem?
  4. I can't access the fantasy league site either :(
  5. What happened to Bergamasco? My nan could have played better and she's dead!
  6. He should never have been playing an No 9!
  7. I had to listen to the commentary on 5 Live, being stuck in traffic. What was worse than England's performance? Listening to Matt Dawson being a total arrse, that's what. You could sense Ian Robertson's embarassment every time the cock opened his mouth. Worse than Brian Moore and ruined a very poor game.
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The commentators that get on my tits are Eddie Butler and Brian Moore, however, Eddie is improving slightly.
  9. Brian Moore makes me chuckle, and sometimes says exactly what I'm thinking....usually something along the lines of "Just hit the idioit".

Eddie Butler is a shiite comentator.....his adverts leading up to the World Cup were good though.
  10. The only thing I can say in favour of Brian Moore as a commentator is that he is not Jonathon Davies.

But well done the Irish and French, who did not give up and tried to score even when they knew they had lost the match.
  11. Last ten minutes of that game were amongst the longest of my life, memories of two years ao when the Frogs turned it around (literally) in the last minute were foremost in the mind.

Not ashamed to admit that the eyes got itchy at full time. But, my love of the men in green aside, was it not a fantastic game of Rugby?
  12. I was emotionally weak. Put money on the French to win to soften the pain of the expected loss but am happy I lost the money.
  13. I'm trying to work out what was worse, Jones kicking, Scotlands defence or the shocking camera work!
  14. mwl946

mwl946 LE Good Egg (charities)

All of it, womps!!!

Scotland were shite! :( All credit to Wales :(
  15. All 3. Surprised at Jones poor place kicking. Glad we won but not as well as we should have, but at least it's a big W for us.