6 Nations 10 Feb 07

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Auld-Yin, Feb 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just watched two of probably the most boring games I have seen in the 6 Nations for a long time. Admittedly the weather conditions were not good but the standard of rugby was pretty low.

E v I

Why did England bother to show up if they did not want to play rugby? Full marks to the Eyeties for trying to make a game of it and closing down the little effort made by England. For those English fans who are boasting they are top of the league, just remember you have played the weakest nations now - from here on you are fcuked; unless you change your game dramatically.

S v W
    Almost the same comment to Wales. After such a thrilling game last week, why such a boring one this week? Both Scotland and Wales seemed to approach to game in a defensive mindset. Whatever happens don't get out of place and permit a breakaway try - even if the breakaway is yours!

I hope that the game tomorrow from Crocke Park is similar to last Sunday's game. It is certainly, IMHO, the game which will decide the winners of the 6 Nations if not the Grand Slam.
  2. Agree that England were poor, but the Italians made a game of it? What kicking to touch every time you got the ball and then not competing at the line out, just to keep England as far from their try line as possible? No, that's not 'making a game of it'!
  3. They were more thrilling to watch than England...
  4. Auld-Yin

That was not exactly difficult!
  5. Sourest of sour grapes.
  6. Actually given the conditions I didn't expect so very much out of the S v.W game. I expected little behind the Scottish pack though and wasn't disappointed much although Dewey looks a good thing. However I could not believe the difference a week had made to the Scottish pack. Well played gentlemen.

The game was a bit technical perhaps for the non-alickadoos but there was plenty of grunt and groan for old time forwards. I am just surprised that Scotland did such a convincing (stand fast a chronic inability to score a try) job on a Wales team which I thought would triumph. Heart 1 Head 0 on the prediction stakes it seems!
  7. Auld-Yin

Not at all dear boy. England deserved their win against Scotland but it did not make them a good team.
  8. Italy got stomped all over by France...and then England played like old men against Italy!! Doesn't bode well for England v France!!!