6 Med Regt??

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Mountain_Boy, Oct 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had a very good chat with an old friend yesterday who has suggested a possible 6th Med Regt...this is intentionally directed at those in the know...is this happening? If so, where and when?? probably finger in the air questions but very interesting all the same.

Those not in the know are welcome to hazard their guesses :)

2. Ah, that'll be the Medical Regiment to go with 44 and 55 Field Hospitals...

3. Ive heard this aswell from reasonably high up the chain! From what ive heard it will be up in Fulwood Brks preston, Yes i know complete madness for moving 5 from fulwood to cattrick to then form a new regt in fulwood!

4. that isn't madness, thats RAMC logic !!!!!

5. tut tut :D

6. whos going to man it? Will it be full of notional personnel like certain Sqns in Fd Hosps?

7. plans many many moons ago to have 6 Fd Ambi / GS Regt - based at Arbroath, which got all the AMS Skiers excited

8. I hope so, Ive still got a t-shirt and a sweat shirt in the attic, i can flog them as retro items to someone who wants to look like an old sweat!

9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Will they be able to muster enough blokes?

10. Is the cut off still 100?

11. Karabiner that was funny who stole your password and login?

12. How about this for an off the wall thought.

1. Election in May 10.
    2. Foreign policy review followed or in parallel with a Defence review.
    4. Take into account cutbacks in TA training and their difficulties in reaching manning.
    5. 2 x regular Sqns (+) already in Fulwood.
    6. A 6th Bde coming online.

Manning to come from three “other units” and the (+) element already at Fulwood.

Even a visually impaired man can see the outcome here. No sales policy required as all of those who should be listening/require the idea selling to them will be well gone.

13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Certainly wasnt you!

14. Biatch :(

15. As an uneducated guess, i reckon it will depend on the success of the 'hybrid' Med Regt's.