6 decades of failure ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jonwilly, Jun 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The BBC which I have on has just stated the Condi Rice has said that the US policy in Mid East has been 6 decades of failure.
    To much regime support and not enough done for democracy.
    Words fail me.
  2. Well at least they have real8ised what the rest of the world has known for years!

Propoing up corrupt regimes is not the way to make friends and undercut terrorism.

Next stop saudi? :wink:
  3. The news has just been on again, "Democracy may produce Left wing regimes."
    switching over to CNN.
  4. Thats one of the problems with democracy. The population may come out with some really whacky results.

See GWB returned for pres as proof :D
  5. Of course Baby Doc Bush's comments on the Iranian election managed to "Clarify' the lack of Democracy in Iran. All those people barred from "becoming President", made the Iranians flee to the polls in droves to "invalidate" the results.

Last time I looked, unless you have, can get, or can be bought for about $500,000,000 you can kiss a successful Presidential campaign goodbye in the USA. In what way would THAT make the US system a superior ecxercise in popular democracy one wonders?

Plus, perhaps, just maybe, there are a few people out there, who do not want to emulate "the last great hope for democracy" . Silly sardines!

Next time I will vote for a sock monkey. Hold I did!
    He was called "John Kerry"!!!!
    Oh for "slick Willy"!!!!!
  6. "The People Have Spoken-The Bastards!!!!"
  7. Which was followed almost immedietly by this:

hmmmm, looks suspiciously like an Arab invasion to me!