6.6 million to set up MP expenses watchdog.........

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Alsacien, Feb 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

2. I don't understand this at all, 6.6million to for 600 odd MP's, a few prople are getting very rich on this.
  3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

My expenses are professionally managed for me for Euro 100 per month.....
  4. 80 employees to look after 650 MPs???? Its like having a clerk for every rifle section in the army...
  5. They're advertising for new employees - Communication Directors etc. I downloaded an application pack (it's not just a form any more). Just for a look you understand.

All the old favourites were there. More genders than you could shake a stick at (tick the box - male and female are so last year). Every possible religion, including space for Jedi Knights who want to write their details in Klingon instead of ticking boxes.

Preferred holiday destination for your genitals? Tick the box for heterosexual, bisexual, trisexual, metrosexual, lesbian-transwoman-trapped-in-a-mans-body or Eddie Izard? Wouldn't want want to leave anybody out.

Best of all, you're guaranteed an interview if you're a biff. I was sorely tempted to declare myself to be a deaf, blind, illiterate, gay, quadriplegic, Jedi high priestess with fluent Klingon who has to travel everywhere by private jet due a rare genetic disorder that causes me to fart mustard gas. It would have been a day out in London and I could have reclaimed my jet costs as expenses.

Looks like another several dozen for Dave's day one redundancy list.
  6. Must be an ex-MP setting it up!.............. where is Martin?

7. Classic !

8. I think they should be all made to pay for that, even if they did not take advantage of the expenses, they must have known what was going on, so make all the useless children born outside of wedlock payup
  9. If it wasn't TRUE it would be hilarious, as it is TRUE it's pathetic. It makes one so f..k..g ANGRY at the sheer lunacy of these cretins! :x
  10. spend 6.6 million to make sure the MP's don't claim unnecessary expenses of, altogether, 1.1 million? makes perfect sense that :roll:
  11. Is anyone in the least surprised by this?
  12. 1x crotchetty old pay warrant officer would do the trick surely. Back it up with passed over, bitter JNCO with a hatred of MPs and you could guarantee not a single dodgy claim ever got through.

One simple command would be required "Prove to me that this expense was essential to the service of your electorate sir"
  13. Hang on I have to do my own expenses and that is then approved, and handled by an accounts section of 5 for a company of over 250, Where the phuc do these cnuts get off on this.
    It completely beggars belief, but think!!!! no way will another MP get roasted for a duck house as it will have been approved by the "organisation" set up to combat the "fraud", (can I use that word as so little of them are getting prosecuted over the expenses farce.)
    What's the betting that they will still claim for all the stuff you and I have to pay for out of our salary, only this time, it will be iron clad.
    Fuming, I am phucking incandescent

14. This is a joke. Whatsmore, its not even a funny fooking joke.
  15. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Once upon a time MP's had enough integrity to be called 'honourable members'.

And if they still had integrity, it would only take a very small department to review and approve their expenses.

However, as they're now a lot of thieving spiv's, it looks like it'll take major manpower to keep their fingers out of the till.