5yo missing in Powys. Suspected Abduction

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by terroratthepicnic, Oct 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

5 year old April Jones was playing with friends near her home in Machynlleth but was seen getting into a grey or light coloured van at 19:00 BST on Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19795761

It is sad that yet again another little girl has been snatched. I hope they find her alive and well and not hurt in any way. However there is one question that needs to be answered. Why the **** was a 5yo out playing at 1900 (unsupervised) and not in bed, or at least getting ready for bed.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Any word on the parental situation yet?

Is dad at home?

3. First thing my wife thought too, what was a 5 year old doing out in the street unsupervised at 7.30pm?

• Like Like x 7
  4. On a push bike as well, when it's dark.

• Like Like x 2
  5. No doubt the "Portugese Syndrome". Some ******* parents need sterilising.

I m still afraid to let my teenage kids out and want to know where they are 24/7. Is that too difficult to comphrehend?

Hope the nipper turns up safe.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Heddlu: 'there were no other adults in the immediate vicinity'

X factor last night was it?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

The sun set yesterday a few minutes before 7pm that far west, so it wouldn't have been dark. She may well have been just a couple of minutes short of going home.

8. On telly now, she was playing in the garage block near her house, no oversight from houses.

9. Oooh piece of candy...............that's all it takes. WATCH YOUR BLOODY KIDS PEOPLE!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

As disgusting as this unfortunately has the distinct possibility of becoming! And being a horrible subject to discuss, with a potential fatal outcome for a young child.

What the **** were the parents doing letting a 5 year old play out at that time!

Whilst I have every sympathy for the pain and anguish the parent/ s must be going through right now, I'd just like to say "You contributed to it you stupid ******* idiots". a child is not a possession nor a pet and the responsibility that comes with having one is obviously beyond some people!

• Like Like x 9
  12. Why does everybody want to blame the parents? 7pm, not yet dark, only a short distance from home and playing with other kids in a sleepy welsh town that no-one outside the immediate vicinity had ever heard of today. Do we lock up our kids 24/7 and let them miss out on their childhood or do we hang the paedo murderers.

No. some on this forum would hang the parents instead. How libertarian.

• Like Like x 8
  13. 5 yrs old, 1900hrs?

So the parents are nt to blame then, who then, carries the responsibilty for this child? The other 5 yr olds?

• Like Like x 2
  14. A bit like saying something along the lines of.....
    It's a nice resort here in Portugal, it'll be ok to leave the kids asleep in the apartment. It's not like we'll be far away, at that Tapas bar over there with our mates. What could possibly go wrong?

One bit I'm wondering about. If the kid was playing with friends, what were they doing while she was getting in the van for sweeties?
    I can't imagine even your most reckless nonce would dare abduct a kid with an audience of other kids, and were none of their parents around?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

At a guess, that's what the police are investigating.