5yo missing in Powys. Suspected Abduction

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
5 year old April Jones was playing with friends near her home in Machynlleth but was seen getting into a grey or light coloured van at 19:00 BST on Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19795761

It is sad that yet again another little girl has been snatched. I hope they find her alive and well and not hurt in any way. However there is one question that needs to be answered. Why the **** was a 5yo out playing at 1900 (unsupervised) and not in bed, or at least getting ready for bed.

Any word on the parental situation yet?

Is dad at home?

No doubt the "Portugese Syndrome". Some ******* parents need sterilising.

I m still afraid to let my teenage kids out and want to know where they are 24/7. Is that too difficult to comphrehend?

Hope the nipper turns up safe.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
On a push bike as well, when it's dark.
The sun set yesterday a few minutes before 7pm that far west, so it wouldn't have been dark. She may well have been just a couple of minutes short of going home.

The sun set yesterday a few minutes before 7pm that far west, so it wouldn't have been dark. She may well have been just a couple of minutes short of going home.
On telly now, she was playing in the garage block near her house, no oversight from houses.

As disgusting as this unfortunately has the distinct possibility of becoming! And being a horrible subject to discuss, with a potential fatal outcome for a young child.

What the **** were the parents doing letting a 5 year old play out at that time!

Whilst I have every sympathy for the pain and anguish the parent/ s must be going through right now, I'd just like to say "You contributed to it you stupid ******* idiots". a child is not a possession nor a pet and the responsibility that comes with having one is obviously beyond some people!

a child is not a possession nor a pet and the responsibility that comes with having one is obviously beyond some people!
Well said! And all too true. I have spoken to Mrs H_M 1st this morning and reminded her that Little Miss H_M might benefit from a 'Don't talk to strangers' session tonight as a timely reminder. For once, she agreed with me about something and the sranger danger and no secrets talks will be delivered again.

Why does everybody want to blame the parents? 7pm, not yet dark, only a short distance from home and playing with other kids in a sleepy welsh town that no-one outside the immediate vicinity had ever heard of today. Do we lock up our kids 24/7 and let them miss out on their childhood or do we hang the paedo murderers.

No. some on this forum would hang the parents instead. How libertarian.

Why does everybody want to blame the parents? 7pm, not yet dark, only a short distance from home and playing with other kids in a sleepy welsh town that no-one outside the immediate vicinity had ever heard of today. Do we lock up our kids 24/7 and let them miss out on their childhood or do we hang the paedo murderers.

5 yrs old, 1900hrs?

So the parents are nt to blame then, who then, carries the responsibilty for this child? The other 5 yr olds?

A bit like saying something along the lines of.....
It's a nice resort here in Portugal, it'll be ok to leave the kids asleep in the apartment. It's not like we'll be far away, at that Tapas bar over there with our mates. What could possibly go wrong?

One bit I'm wondering about. If the kid was playing with friends, what were they doing while she was getting in the van for sweeties?
I can't imagine even your most reckless nonce would dare abduct a kid with an audience of other kids, and were none of their parents around?

A bit like saying something along the lines of.....
It's a nice resort here in Portugal, it'll be ok to leave the kids asleep in the apartment. It's not like we'll be far away, at that Tapas bar over there with our mates. What could possibly go wrong?

One bit I'm wondering about. If the kid was playing with friends, what were they doing while she was getting in the van for sweeties?
I can't imagine even your most reckless nonce would dare abduct a kid with an audience of other kids, and were none of their parents around?
At a guess, that's what the police are investigating.

Well, most of us woukd rather expect a 5 year old to be in her jimjams and getting ready for bed at 7, not riding around after sundown while the parent(s) are busy watching X factor.

Would you be happier if the abducted child had been 8 years old?

How do you know what TV programme they were watching?

Has anybody checked the loft?

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

I think your missing the point. It's not that it was light or dark or the fact whether it was a sleepy little village in the back of beyond or a large urban city that is shocking. It the fact that the parents let a 5 yo out to play unsupervised at that time of night. A 5 yo should either be in bed or getting ready for bed at that time of night, not out side of the parents supervision playing in the street.

.................................I can't imagine even your most reckless nonce would dare abduct a kid with an audience of other kids, and were none of their parents around?
Plus, what concerns me is that, if she has been abducted, the abductor must realise he/she/they can't risk letting her go. I fear this may soon turn into a murder investigation.