5th march - lichfield

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by signals, Jan 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. lads, ive got my date for basic hence the title, anyone else going? thanks for all your help guys, not over yet i know!

2. Alright , I guess I will see you there.. I can't wait to get there , you all prepaired??

3. good stuff, i only found out today just passed selection yesterday, the fitness is all prgressive i think so that should get easy with time but i have none of my kit or anything, how about you? what regiment and job you going for?

4. I passed selection about 6 months ago and I have just been sitting on my arse waiting.. Im joining the royal engineers as a driver operator.. Im guessing your joining the signals?? I have bought bits and pieces however there is still some time to get the rest of it.. So heres a question , what is the time for your 1.5 mile??

5. yer itll be easy enough to get it all i think, how old are you then? im 17 so i may be one of the younger ones, i run it in 10:35 gonna try get it to around the 10 minute mark though how about yourself?

6. I just turned 19.. Well I havent been traing recently because of work.. Also its been the festive season so the booze was flowing.. hehe.. So I would say my running wont be too good , but Im starting to train soon.. I dont want to be the person at the back during the runs.. I want to get my run time 11 mins or below before I get there..

7. mate you'll be fine, you past selection so you must have what it takes!, you know anything about lichfield then? im not familiar with it myself. also about your running just do like your 1.5 mile run twice a day if possible and include like spped play and endurance runs youll be fine

8. Yeah I should be okay , I mean running may be my weakness however I have other qualities as my strengths.. All about teamwork.. Well I never been to Lichfield but this link http://www.army.mod.uk/atr/atr_lichfield/index.htm does have some info on the ATR , training , pay , and such.. Do you have your date for your attestation yet?? Im going on the 19 Feb.. That should be a piece of p1ss..

9. just a thought ive got my selection next weekend do you reckon that i would start at lichfield the same time as you guys (if i pass) ??

10. I think you really could... What regiment are you going into??

11. erm im not sure yet i went to my careers office today and they told me when i had my selection and that was it , im joining as a IS Engineer if that helps :S

12. Didnt you get interviewed about your 3 job choices??

13. Now chaps, remember if you're going out in Tamworth, avoid Kube at all costs.

In fact, just avoid Tamworth full stop unless you want to knock up some hooped slapper or start a fight with the most inbred person you can find.

There is a good surplus store there though. :)

14. yeah, and they were is engineer, systems engineer tech and warfare operator

15. Sounds like a good night out Chalky..

Catton , I recon if you pass selection you will be coming down in March... All the best.. Also , did you go to Middlesbrough Careers office??