59 squadron walt

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Plankcore, Jun 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey folks, wondering if you could lend me your ears (Eh, eyes?) for a moment. Got a lad who's claiming to be a RM Lance Corporal in 59 squadron, 3 commando. Isn't 59 squadron an army formation? Also, the lad says he's 17. A 17 year old Lance Corporal, fully trained, who's passed the AACC? Doesn't sound right. Then again, could be wrong.

What do you folks make of it?
  2. 17 year old is the only bit Id doubt, even if he'd joined at 16 he wouldnt have any operational experience and virtually no experience at his unit, so the chance of been selected for a cadre are tiny and the chances of getting picked up from that cadre are even smaller,

perhaps a spelling mistake and meant 27??
  3. Nope, he's very clear on it. He also says he's a Royal Marine.

Is he talking as much pish as I tihnk he is? :p
  4. Sounds like it, Ive known of an 18year old Lance Jack but never 17 I mean he cant even deploy on Ops or carry a weapon on the gate apart from the good old pickhandle,

where is this joker from??

ask him a few engineering questions see if you cant walt him out
  5. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Ex STAB's link above should give you enough to go on.

I would also reinforce the point that I doubt whether there are any 17 year old LCpls in the Regular Corps yet alone one that has had time to do Phase 1 and 2 training, attend a unit cadre, get promoted, and pass 59's beat up and then the AACC.

Big Time Walt I think.
  6. Eh, I know absolute cack all about engineering tbh. Tried my hand at electrical engineering and it aw' went woosh over my head. :p

Reason I know him is a gaming website (www.75thr.us good crew, lots of serving septics) and he goes on about "commando this, commando that". He also says he's based in Hereford and is a "combat engineer". I know 59 squadron is at RMB Chivenor and I've never seen "combat engineer" as a pongo trade, so **** knows where this lad is getting his information!

Anyway, go look up him: http://75thr.us/portal/modules.php?name=PERSCOM&mode=profile&type=personnel&userid=137
  7. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

As soon as a 17 year old says that he's based in H then you know it is bollocks. (Although if he was in 59 he would be a combat engineer - it is our core trade)
  8. Aye. He also says he's still training, apparently. If you really want to out this boy, write an email to Bob Patterson over on that website. He'll make sure he's named, shamed, and kicked out of their group. Ive already spoken to 'em and they're keeping an eye on him, but someone from the service saying "This boy's a twat!" will probably be the final boot in the hole.

Anyway, cheers folks. Youve been a grand help as always!
  9. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

10. Its probably his brother or someone or maybe his dad! but wherever he gets it from its balls mate, absoloute balls, any chance of getting him on here so I/we/anyone else can quiz him
  11. He says he's not went on ops and all that because of his age (So obviously he's not COMPLETELY daft) but I think he's just playing a game because he assumes that over on that website, it's all septics so they don't really know much about the British Army. Shame I know a wee bit eh? :p

I'll ask him about his training and that, we'll see how it goes. If that doesn't work, i'll lure him here. :p
  12. Nice one Plankcore, keep us updated, if you run into any dramas or need questions or answers feel free to PM me
  13. His profile gives out his e-mail address....woops :wink:
  14. Heheh. Cheers folks, appreciate it.