'58 webbing + surprise bonus!

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
So sorry to hear you have fallen on hard times. Age concern might help you, and there must be a food bank in your area, and have you been to the social, Or the sally Ann?, or get a dog, an old blanket, and pitch up in your local high street, I do hear that street beggars make a mint.
Not at all Sigs old boy! I do a lot of mountain walking, there's energy in them there biccys! apart from the fact that I like them!

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hi, yup no problem, ping me where to send them. I think these are quite solid, but is a bag enough? am happy to slap them in a small box, not enough to push postage up but enough to protect them a bit?
Will do, and thank you!

Ha, our officers were I think one serving RAF, one ex and a coupl of people whod stayed in the cadet world for a while. Back when I was a cadet we just got told to go to Silvermans for everything warry related (for camps etc) and the ATC uniforms were issued. I recall them being very itchy!
Stop drinking whilst messaging!

Hi, ive got an old set of '58 webbing I don't need, anyone want it? Bought from Silvermans when I was an Air cadet, sat in parents loft for 26 yrs. Bearing in mind its cadet sized, at 42 and considerably larger in girth than I was I cant get the belt to do up (on me; it still works if someone's thin enough).
I cant remember the names of the pouches now, theres 5 pouches plus space for ground mat or whatever to be rolled up at bottom
For sale is a bit of a misnomer, I just want rid so if someone can make use of it its yours gratis, preferably anyone in SE London or Kent (where I can get to you to hand it over!)

Oh, bonus surprise, I found 4 packs of biscuits brown in the side pouch! Not looked at any dates but like I say they've been undisturbed in a loft for 26yrs. Possibly useful for house building now?

Failing anyone snatching up this bargain, any ideas what to do with it? I offered it to my old school cadet unit (Air cadets as was, CCF as is) and they laughed so I assume things for cadets have moved on a bit!

View attachment 435348
View attachment 435349
View attachment 435350
Eagle has landed, Cheer's Total banker.

Not at all Sigs old boy! I do a lot of mountain walking, there's energy in them there biccys! apart from the fact that I like them!

Ja, clerks and storemen always make a fuss about how kak Saffer dog biscuits were back in the day, but anyone who actually bimbled about the shateen has a soft spot for them. Stopped me killing and eating my oppos more than once.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ja, clerks and storemen always make a fuss about how kak Saffer dog biscuits were back in the day, but anyone who actually bimbled about the shateen has a soft spot for them. Stopped me killing and eating my oppos more than once.
Many didn't know how the Infantry used them besides just chewing them.
Mashed up in powdered milk, add a dollop of jam it was a good porridge
Soak two in petrol, and then ignited you could boil a brew.
Kept in your ammo pouches on the march it was a good constant snack.
I don't know what vitamins were in them, but I think at least four?

Many didn't know how the Infantry used them besides just chewing them.
Mashed up in powdered milk, add a dollop of jam it was a good porridge
Soak two in petrol, and then ignited you could boil a brew.
Kept in your ammo pouches on the march it was a good constant snack.
I don't know what vitamins were in them, but I think at least four?

Indeed, B, G, M and er, B again. :)

WTF was BGMB? Believe "AB" meant "As Bread", and I preferred AB, the direct predecessor of Biscuits, Brown, BGMB.

Fruit AB was infinitely superior to both, however.

WTF was BGMB? Believe "AB" meant "As Bread", and I preferred AB, the direct predecessor of Biscuits, Brown, BGMB.

AB = **** BLOCKING
AB FRUIT = **** BLOCKING WITH A PLEASANT AROMA OF ROTTEN FRUIT
BISCUITS BROWN = REMOVED FROM RATIONS AND REPACKAGED AS BISCUITS NON WHITE (PC gone mad).

In the event the 'A' word is banned then insert ARRSE. (NOT the biscuit as that would be silly but the word).

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer

We all thought that AB meant 'already broken'

ugly

LE
We all thought that AB meant 'already broken'
Bob Monkhouse walt:
Bob Monkhouse told me he used to do this joke where he’d come on and say: “I love those animal biscuits they sell at Marks & Spencer. Have you seen them, those animal-shaped biscuits? They’re lovely. But I got a box the other day, and I opened it and it said on it: Do not eat if the seal is broken.
Well really a frank skinner walt

Latest Threads