'58 webbing + surprise bonus!

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
Hi, ive got an old set of '58 webbing I don't need, anyone want it? Bought from Silvermans when I was an Air cadet, sat in parents loft for 26 yrs. Bearing in mind its cadet sized, at 42 and considerably larger in girth than I was I cant get the belt to do up (on me; it still works if someone's thin enough).
I cant remember the names of the pouches now, theres 5 pouches plus space for ground mat or whatever to be rolled up at bottom
For sale is a bit of a misnomer, I just want rid so if someone can make use of it its yours gratis, preferably anyone in SE London or Kent (where I can get to you to hand it over!)

Oh, bonus surprise, I found 4 packs of biscuits brown in the side pouch! Not looked at any dates but like I say they've been undisturbed in a loft for 26yrs. Possibly useful for house building now?

Failing anyone snatching up this bargain, any ideas what to do with it? I offered it to my old school cadet unit (Air cadets as was, CCF as is) and they laughed so I assume things for cadets have moved on a bit!

1575656008152.png

1575656167871.png

1575656199193.png

Somewhere on these forums is a septic nut job, that buys-collects-eats old army rations, from all army's world wide. He would be interested in the biscuits brown, as for the webbing, I to have a set from the early seventies, along with a drawer full of minor bits and bobs from the period. including a set of mess tins dated 1945, and a KFS clip set also dated 1945, both issued on joining up in 1972.

What size is it? Where you a big kid?

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Hi, ive got an old set of '58 webbing I don't need, anyone want it? Bought from Silvermans when I was an Air cadet, sat in parents loft for 26 yrs. Bearing in mind its cadet sized, at 42 and considerably larger in girth than I was I cant get the belt to do up (on me; it still works if someone's thin enough).
I cant remember the names of the pouches now, theres 5 pouches plus space for ground mat or whatever to be rolled up at bottom
For sale is a bit of a misnomer, I just want rid so if someone can make use of it its yours gratis, preferably anyone in SE London or Kent (where I can get to you to hand it over!)

Oh, bonus surprise, I found 4 packs of biscuits brown in the side pouch! Not looked at any dates but like I say they've been undisturbed in a loft for 26yrs. Possibly useful for house building now?

Failing anyone snatching up this bargain, any ideas what to do with it? I offered it to my old school cadet unit (Air cadets as was, CCF as is) and they laughed so I assume things for cadets have moved on a bit!

View attachment 435348
View attachment 435349
View attachment 435350
Oh happy memories when 37 was replaced by 58 in TA units. A large pack big enough to use and a proper poncho roll
Small pouch on side of ammo pouch fitted long obsolete Energa grenade launcher ,never mind ,right size for Mars bar !

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
Didn't you get your webbing sized by the CQMS when he issued it?

I seem to recall there being 5 sizes that you could choose from?

1575657798714.png
l

I take it off your hands if you wish to post it to Milton Keynes. I will reimburse your postage and make a donation to HOLS4HEROES.

I am sure somebody on ARRSE will put a good word in for me and confirm I am good for the brass.

To save weigth on postage feed the biscuits brown **** blocking to a homeless person, ducks at the nearest lakes or binn them.

DB216LOKDVR

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
Didn't you get your webbing sized by the CQMS when he issued it?

I seem to recall there being 5 sizes that you could choose from?

View attachment 435356l
Ha, our officers were I think one serving RAF, one ex and a coupl of people whod stayed in the cadet world for a while. Back when I was a cadet we just got told to go to Silvermans for everything warry related (for camps etc) and the ATC uniforms were issued. I recall them being very itchy!

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
I take it off your hands if you wish to post it to Milton Keynes. I will reimburse your postage and make a donation to HOLS4HEROES.

I am sure somebody on ARRSE will put a good word in for me and confirm I am good for the brass.

To save weigth on postage feed the biscuits brown **** blocking to a homeless person, ducks at the nearest lakes or binn them.

DB216LOKDVR
Done! Ive got a handy sized box delivered from Amazon today, ping me where you want it sent and I can get it away tomorrow (my local post office should be open tomorrow, else Tuesday is the earliest). I also have to get rid of a sleeping bag, I haven't taken photos of it yet but ill try to put some up on site tomorrow, again ex army kit of god knows what vintage

TamtamPWRR

War Hero
Done! Ive got a handy sized box delivered from Amazon today, ping me where you want it sent and I can get it away tomorrow (my local post office should be open tomorrow, else Tuesday is the earliest). I also have to get rid of a sleeping bag, I haven't taken photos of it yet but ill try to put some up on site tomorrow, again ex army kit of god knows what vintage
Mate, don't bin the biscuits. Four packs of those are a serious trip down memory lane for anyone who ever had compo. You wouldn't have any of the rolled oats mix, would you?

CHEERS MESSAGE SENT.

PS; I do not require the gonk bag, the Cadets can use them. I donated a few over the years.

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
Mate, don't bin the biscuits. Four packs of those are a serious trip down memory lane for anyone who ever had compo. You wouldn't have any of the rolled oats mix, would you?
'fraid not. Literally only these from the stuff I was given to carry on Air cadet exercises. I didn't even know I had these 4 until I opened the webbing out for photos

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I would like the biscuits if you would be kind to place them into a jiffy bag, I will pay the postage, I will PM you if you agree?....Delicious with corned beef!

A group visited Captain Scot's base in the Antarctic a few years ago, they ate some tinned food they found there and declared it 'Good stuff' so forty years in a dry attic is nothing reall!

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
I would like the biscuits if you would be kind to place them into a jiffy bag, I will pay the postage, I will PM you if you agree?....Delicious with corned beef!

A group visited Captain Scot's base in the Antarctic a few years ago, they ate some tinned food they found there and declared it 'Good stuff' so forty years in a dry attic is nothing reall!
Hi, yup no problem, ping me where to send them. I think these are quite solid, but is a bag enough? am happy to slap them in a small box, not enough to push postage up but enough to protect them a bit?

So sorry to hear you have fallen on hard times. Age concern might help you, and there must be a food bank in your area, and have you been to the social, Or the sally Ann?, or get a dog, an old blanket, and pitch up in your local high street, I do hear that street beggars make a mint.

NSP

LE
I recall them being very itchy!
Same in the eighties - sandpaper trousers, sweat-drawing polyester shirt, hairy jumper and a rainproof coat that crinckled like an empty Walkers packet and had a horrible liner in it that seemed to be made from a sheet of foam rubber.

Latest Threads