58 pattern webbing...

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Schaden, Mar 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

dont I'm suffering ptsd from those pics.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Fat biffa will lose that pick helv first time he attempts to run. And he's got his respirator/spangles/mars bar case on his belt. naughty boy

Nice Gat though
    • Like Like x 1
  4. He can't run...his feet seem to be attached to an Airfix 1:32 plastic base.
  5. oh the joys of 58, thanks for bringing it all back.
  6. good old 58 ptn with "added stifness". when soaking wet
  7. *shudders*
  8. hahaha. I'll have nightmares now.

love the kit list for the large pack "...spare boots.... training shoes....spare NBC kit... spare overboots... etc, etc". Oh the joys of trying to get all that kit into a tiny 20? litre pack, and then trying to get it out again after you'd been in the rain and the straps had gone like concrete in the buckles....

Mind you, in those days we had a proper rifle and....
    • Like Like x 3
  9. puttees................
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm off to the khazi, be back later!
  11. Nice, informative site; just a shame about the basic spelling-errors.
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

and the utter bollocks about the 30 round LMG mag in the right hand pouch!

13. Alternative to Crusty the Thirsty Sock for the old'n'bold?
  14. everyone knows you black nastyied them together and put them on THAT rifle.
  15. Actually, I remember the kip mats being "new issue". Don't think we had anything before those - just lay on the ground in a soaking wet short size P58 sleeping bag with no feathers and that stank of.... no no! ... nightmares tonight...

Actually the guy in the demo photos "has it easy":

a) he's porky enough for his pouches to be spaced out sufficiently to provide max capacity - my lot mostly had c.30" waists and had to squish all the pouches together just to get them on the belt (no problem for us these days, eh Ugly?!);

b) Kit list at sandhurst or any of the training establishments had a training shoe in each kidney pouch, and the additional load of; binos, compass, maps, slidex/batco folder, PRC 349 when it arrived, radio batteries, model kit, TAMs, orders cards, the section flare pistol, etc...
    • Like Like x 3