58 Holster

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by PRC-349, Nov 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon ARRSErs I am currently looking for a 58 pattern pistol holster as a sort of christmas present for a spotter friend who collects all sorts of old kit (particularly of the canvas kind). Now having checked ll the online stores and been to the local surplus store most of them are going for £30 a pop which is fairly steep for me.

So: would any ARRSErs happen to have one stored up in the loft or dare I say....the shed and be wiling to part with one? I would of course expect (quite rightly) to pay or make a donation to any of the Forces charities or a donation to ARRSE.

Cheers

PRC

2. Pretty sure Kit Monster do them for £10....

kit Monster

3. Cheers Blonde Guy, hadn't seen them!
    I'll whack some money into the kitty in the local RBL :)

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have a fairly rare (or two) SLR Butt holder as identified a year or so back by General Melchett. They have 58 pattern clips and a canvas belt loop. Developed for Ulster in the early 70's but apparently very few if any were issued!
    If you want one then pm me!

5. You could also ask him why he goes to Sinn fein rallies.

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Could be worse, he could go to Labour Ones, anyway I went to a couple of SF Rallies, in uniform of course with a baton Gun!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Worry ye not, I have taken the office apart and I must have given them to General Melchett. If I find any more I'll put them to one side!