58 (Eyres) Battery - Deaths and Injuries in Iraq

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Mr_Fingerz, Sep 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

12 Regiment's website (www.12regtra.com) has made the following announcement.

"On Monday morning 2 Soldiers from 58 Bty were killed by a road side bomb whilst on patrol in southern Iraq. Gnr Trigger Wright was a well loved and respected man of the Regiment who lost his mother last year and now this. Our thoughts are with the family right now.

The second soldier was a fijian lad who had been seconded to the Regiment from 4th Regiment RA in Osnabruck. For legal reasons and until his family are informed he cannot be named just yet but our thoughts are with his family on the otherside of the world. (He has since been named by the BBC as Gnr Samuela Vanua.)

Gnr Taff Hire was also seriously injured in this incident and has since been flown back to Ramstien in Southern Germany. His mum and sister are flying out to support him in this troubled time. Our thoughts are with them also.

Today, another 58 Bty Soldier was seriously injured by a sniper and is currently in SLB Hospital, once again for legal reasons we cannot name him just yet. Our thoughts are with his family."

58 are not having the best of times at the moment, and I can only add my condolences.

2. I offer my condolences too and hope the injured pull through.

Litotes

3. Keep at it 58!

4. Two deaths is a tough gig for any unit especially just a battery strength.

Is it me, or are the gunners taking disproportionatly high casualties (two FOOs in the 'stan were killed as well IIRC)?

VP out

5. Cease Loading

RIP fellas

6. RIP Gunners..

7. RIP fellas but are we talking about information not released??

8. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

No, all of the information re names etc was released by the MOD and appeared on the BBC's website.

9. SKY are now reporting that another Gnr from 58 Bty has died from injuries
    sustained on Tuesday

RIP and all our best wishes at this difficult time

Keep it up lads you are doing a valuable job

10. My thought are with you....keep going lads

RIP

11. R.I.P end-ex for the last time fellas

12. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

13. From a former gunner, deepest condolences, keep you heads down

14. Hummmmmmmm I think I may now you"""""

15. Gutted.....................RIP!!