58 (Eyres) Battery - Deaths and Injuries in Iraq

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
12 Regiment's website (www.12regtra.com) has made the following announcement.

"On Monday morning 2 Soldiers from 58 Bty were killed by a road side bomb whilst on patrol in southern Iraq. Gnr Trigger Wright was a well loved and respected man of the Regiment who lost his mother last year and now this. Our thoughts are with the family right now.

The second soldier was a fijian lad who had been seconded to the Regiment from 4th Regiment RA in Osnabruck. For legal reasons and until his family are informed he cannot be named just yet but our thoughts are with his family on the otherside of the world. (He has since been named by the BBC as Gnr Samuela Vanua.)

Gnr Taff Hire was also seriously injured in this incident and has since been flown back to Ramstien in Southern Germany. His mum and sister are flying out to support him in this troubled time. Our thoughts are with them also.

Today, another 58 Bty Soldier was seriously injured by a sniper and is currently in SLB Hospital, once again for legal reasons we cannot name him just yet. Our thoughts are with his family."

58 are not having the best of times at the moment, and I can only add my condolences.

Keep at it 58!

Cease Loading

RIP fellas

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
No, all of the information re names etc was released by the MOD and appeared on the BBC's website.

SKY are now reporting that another Gnr from 58 Bty has died from injuries
sustained on Tuesday

RIP and all our best wishes at this difficult time

Keep it up lads you are doing a valuable job

R.I.P end-ex for the last time fellas

From a former gunner, deepest condolences, keep you heads down

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
The BBC has announced that the soldier who died in the sniper attack was Gnr Lee Thornton.

RIP.

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine: et lux perpetua luceat eis.

Cease Firing - RIP
Too many gunners are dying in far off lands, may all of the lads & lasses be safe and come home