577/450 MH dies

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by mailman1, Aug 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am in need of a new die set. I was resizing a case and the size die cracked. It is not my set, so I'm trying to replace it. I've learned that NDFS has changed hands, and is now HNDFS. If someone could give me the e-mail address (I'm in the US), I'd appreciate it.

2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

R.I.P Another one gone. Sob

3. Dusty in here... at the table of Thor now brave thread-cutter...etc

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

HBSA members get a discount at HNDFS and you get a shell holder in the kit, always a win!
    I got some for mates a few years ago and they havent complained about the HNDFS quality yet!

5. ...or you can simply order the Lee set, works fine for me.

Yoti is not longer trading, something about being locked up for fraud a while back, DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THAT SITE!

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

HNDFS dont google and seem to have stopped advertising in the HBSA Report but they were based in Newport. If I can find an old report I'll put up their details.

7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Yeah, my .577 dies ordered and paid for back in March still have not arrived - he told me it would take 2 weeks......the brass on the same order arrived a couple of weeks ago.

8. I think caution is required here!

Oldyoti; or "Coyote" as he was known on some of the forums did a runner with a lot of peoples money (mine included) it ended with some forum users and those who ran the forums putting money in and doing a rescue job for those who had waited over a year for items which were never supplied.
    If in doubt ask advise from those that were victims on this site: http://britishmilitariaforums.yuku.com/

9. Snap! :D

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

So what is the score now, anyone know for sure?

My order back in March is through (minus the die set) with a nice letter apologising for the delay, and saying the dies will follow - no sign yet.
    Some guys on the BM forum are getting their orders eventually, some not.

11. If the order is with "Michael" who appears to run the site, then yes you will get the goods, although my last order for moulds took about eighteen months but this was down to Lee who apparently sat on the order.

The "Oldyoti" thing was run from the same sight about three years ago, if you see Coyote he still owes me for a Snider bullet base mould!

12. If you do a group buy purchase through the forum through micheal you are safe, he together with a few other forum members have been rescueing those let down by yoti.