Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by cannon fodder, Jun 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Go for regular walks?
  2. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on! Unless you're missing at least one lower limb you shouldn't have to ask a question like this.
  3. and if you are, hop it lad
  4. Cringe - I just knew someone was going to do the obvious and post that one :?
  5. you could always drive the safety vehicle
  6. but make sure you use the leg that doesn't have the missing limb and check with ur PTI if u can use your rifle as a walking aid.
  7. Is that what we call the biff wagon these days ?
  8. Funnily enough - that's the one. I have a job that involves sitting around in a chair playing with computers or attending meetings, and a preferred lifestyle that involves sitting around in a chair drinking vast amounts of BEER. I'm not young enough to be able to do that and just get up and do a CFT!

The best 'training' I find is to walk a bit - from house to pub, say, or work to pub, or pub to pub. Walk fast and walk often. Works for me... Now that it's summer, how about taking girlfriend/blow up sheep for a picnic - a crate of beer/few bottles of wine will give you a 'test loading' and an incentive....
  9. the only way to make the cft easy is to get your bergan and your boots on
    and start walking do that acouple of time aweek and gradually speed up til you can do the 4k in the allocated time no magic to it just find the time to do it.
    Personally i hate the cft hated it when it was 8 miles still hate it now its 4k .Some people belive drinking can of redbull before start helps (probably only placebo but hey it works for me ) and isotonic drinks help
    but basically training is what willget you through it
  10. Excellent...

11. Miles of hell?? 8O all 4 of them?

I personaly cant see how anyone can fail a CFT, its a joke, The only thing difficult about it is trying to keep 2 hands on the rifle while reading the book you brought to pass the time!

But if you want to improve need to get out and run. A 40 minute session couple of times a week. Best bet speak to your PTI, and have a chat about it.

12. Of course, just done a 30 min tab to the offie.

I normally take my bergan - a slab of wife beater fits in perfectly, plus if you get a piece of clear tubing u can supp a couple of cans on the way back home.
  13. Stellabak...you just may be on to something there..... :lol: