562 (Para) Sqn, RCT(V)

foxs_marine

War Hero
I'm appealing to the wide knowledge of my fellow Arrsers to help me with a problem.
My father in law served in A Troop, 562 Sqn back in the day & he asked me at the weekend if I knew where he could get a squadron tie.
I had no idea & a bit of Google fu & enquiries at my local surplus store have left me none the wiser.
I'd be grateful if anyone could help or if anyone was in 562 Sqn in the late '60s, early' 70s who might remember Brian M**kins. He worked on the London buses then.
Many thanks,
F-M

I'm appealing to the wide knowledge of my fellow Arrsers to help me with a problem.
My father in law served in A Troop, 562 Sqn back in the day & he asked me at the weekend if I knew where he could get a squadron tie.
I had no idea & a bit of Google fu & enquiries at my local surplus store have left me none the wiser.
I'd be grateful if anyone could help or if anyone was in 562 Sqn in the late '60s, early' 70s who might remember Brian M**kins. He worked on the London buses then.
Many thanks,
F-M
Join one or more of the RCT Facebook pages and post a request for a tie, (Does 562 have thier own face book page? If not try 63 Para RCT or the Air Dispatchers face book pages). If you have enough interest maybe 20 or more individuals requesting a tie then contact the Chap on arrse (Glosterbaggie), or LAH Fabric's who manufacturers the ties for The Wessex Regt (Rifle Volunteers)(See Wessex posting on arrse). The version I have seen was the RCT normal tie with Wings and 562 Sqn underneath I believe another version was the RCT DZ Flash with wing and again 562 Sqn underneath. I can do a nice line in 79 Railway Sqn RCT Ties!!!!!!

Last edited:

Mr_Relaxed

War Hero
Many thanks,
F-M
You may want to try Facebook (where the Squadron has a page) or post this in the TA forum. Alternatively ring the PSAO, you can find their details on the Army website. All depends if you’re looking for a certain tie I suppose.

foxs_marine

War Hero
Thanks for the replies. I've made contact with someone, so let's hope I can get a result.
Thanks again.
F-M

Latest Threads