55 in February

I'm new to this forum so I'm sorry if I've posted in the wrong place . I served 22 years in RN (non Officer) and left in November 2006. I'm 55 in February and took a resettlement commutation when I left the RN. Do I claim my full pension when I'm 55, or do I have to wait? I didn't transfer to any other scheme and as far as I can understand (which isn't a lot!) I'm still in AFPS 75.
Any help gratefully received
Cheers

Donny

ADC
Depending on when in 2006 you left the multiplier to apply will be between 1.35 (Dec 06) and 1.39 (Jan 06) (source: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/781410/Pensions_Increase_Multiplier_Tables_2019.xlsx )

That multiplier applies to the whole of the pension you’d earned when you left the service, ie it was the pre-commutation figure. You can work it out but from my own experience it’s a nice surprise when it comes into payment. Enjoy it! :)

Edit to add: you don’t need to claim it and it should automatically come through on the first payment after your birthday. That payment will only cover the period from your birthday till the payment date, but every payment after it will be at the full rate.

Email / Phone Equiniti and ask for a pension forecast of how much your pension will increase to in February.

If you receive an Armed Forces pension from Equiniti you can telephone us on 0345 1212 514 or email a general enquiry to Veteransukpensions@equiniti.com.

Assuming that Equiniti deals with Navy pensions.

Email / Phone Equiniti and ask for a pension forecast of how much your pension will increase to in February.

If you receive an Armed Forces pension from Equiniti you can telephone us on 0345 1212 514 or email a general enquiry to Veteransukpensions@equiniti.com.

Assuming that Equiniti deals with Navy pensions.
They do the RAF so pretty sure they do all 3 services.

Forces Pension Society

Sponsor
Sponsor
I'm new to this forum so I'm sorry if I've posted in the wrong place . I served 22 years in RN (non Officer) and left in November 2006. I'm 55 in February and took a resettlement commutation when I left the RN. Do I claim my full pension when I'm 55, or do I have to wait? I didn't transfer to any other scheme and as far as I can understand (which isn't a lot!) I'm still in AFPS 75.
Any help gratefully received
Cheers
You do not need to claim. You will have paid for your commutation lump sum, so your pension will be restored to its original level and then increased by all the inflation increases that have occurred since you left.

Latest Threads