50th Anniversary of the Movie "Battle of Britain", at Duxford.

I would most certainly have enjoyed this, even the period walting would have be acceptable.
Apologies if done elsewhere.

In 1950 My dad and his brother were working at RAF Duxford, ( Electricians) repairing war damage, helping to rebuild the bombed hangers. In the film, The Battle of Britian, a sequence shows the bombing of some hangers, they used the very hangers that dad help re-build, as they were due to be demolished anyway., to make way for more modern bigger buildings.

In 1950 My dad and his brother were working at RAF Duxford, ( Electricians) repairing war damage, helping to rebuild the bombed hangers. In the film, The Battle of Britian, a sequence shows the bombing of some hangers, they used the very hangers that dad help re-build, as they were due to be demolished anyway., to make way for more modern bigger buildings.
Version of events I heard was they put a bit too much pyro into the bang and things escalated out of hand.

That's kinda backed up by there only being the concrete base of hangar three being there, and no other building work, even today. also why for many years the hangar line went Super hangar, H1, H2, H4, H5, Land Warfare hall. Until they realised they were confusing too many visitors, and only the staff knew the story of H3, and so renamed it to H1-4.

Latest Threads