5000 thousand bikers show support for the Forces.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BaldBaBoon, Oct 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today was the second annual ride out to the National Armed Forces Memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas, Staffordshire.
    ( The Ride To The Wall )( RTTW )

Major General Lamont Kirkland, who had ridden his Harley-Davidson from his base in Aldershot, Hampshire, to Alrewas, tipped the RTTW to become even bigger in future years.

Talking to the media before today's service, he said of the event: "I think what you have seen today is the start of something really big - this will grow over time.

"It's deeply emotional and it's deeply poignant - bikers are deeply respectful people.

"It shows we are supported very strongly at home and that the Army has never been held in higher regard."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1219471/Mass-bike-ride-pays-tribute-to.html

Attached Files:

2. Good effort.Nice find Baldy.

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Wow!

Felt a bit moved by that. If ever squaddies wonder about the esteem they are held in in the UK, this is yet another massive demonstration of just how much.

4. A few more pics (not mine)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Saw this on sky news tonight when I knocked off work. Its good to see, and what an awesome turnout aswell. If I was home I wouldn't of minded a ride out on the arrse6 (if it would make it that far).

6. Knew nowt about it. If I had, I'd have come up as the final BSB round is at Oulton Park and I could have made a weekend of it.

Great turnout.

7. You haven't got enough hair to join those hippies mate!

8. I'm up at the Bike Show in Staffs next weekend.

Note to self: Go to the Arboretum

9. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Its a brilliant place mate, you won't be disappointed

Very moving

10. I really recognise that bloke with the sigs beret, just cant remember where I've seen him before.

11. Can anyone confirm the date(s) for next year ?!

12. True. Very true.

13. It appears that the organisers are aiming for a similar date every year to pay their respects so as not to intrude upon the families and official events nearer to the proper Rememberence Day.

The Royal British Legion Riders Branch should have next years dates up nearer the time.

http://www.rblr.co.uk/content/

And obviously the sterling peeps running Ride To The Wall will post the dates next year.

http://www.rttw.org/

Last year they raised £10,300 on the day for the Arboretum,this year the number of bikers are far higher.

14. I dont think theres any doubt about how much support there is for the troops, this is a perfect example of the depth of that support