50 worst things about Football

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by pistol101, Jan 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a waste of time. We all know there is only one worst thing about football:

1. It's shite.
  2. As are the people who follow it like fcuking Moonies :x
  3. Those who play it professionally, generally.
  4. The ball's the wrong shape
  5. The ghastly fans (not all of them granted) who behave like animals then drip when they have to be hearded about to stop them fighting. Particularly annoying are the blokes in their 40's who ought to know better and act their age.

"We're human beings you know" is a complaint I hear regularly. Yeah, well behave like one.
  6. their an overpaid bunch of mummy's boys
  7. I see no mention of the fact it has compeletly taken over most pubs and you can't move on a Sunday afternoon for some mong who has never actually been to Manchester in their lives but have brought up the club shop on the internet because their old man supported the club and that makes them more of a fan than any season ticket holder, said person proceeds to complain that the TV isn't loud enough, untill it is switched up to 140dB, then they spend the whole match trying to out shout it.
  8. My God, I am not alone, there are others out there that hate, loath and detest the aforementioned game which grinds to a halt whenever a member of the opposing team dares to venture into the same half as a player who then drops to the floor writhing in 'agony'. It is a well established fact that if you are hurt you remain very still in order to minimise further hurt.

At least with Rugby, if someone goes down they are normally missing a limb, a swift application of the magic sponge and a bit of black bodge tape and it is fastened back on then he rejoins the field of contact.

...plus the ball is the correct shape :roll:
  9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

That journo deserves an award for "Stating the blindingly obvious".

p.s. 6 Nations starts next weekend. Come on the Jockanese.
  10. Seconded. :D

My turn to state the obvious: footballers are a bunch of over-paid wimps who would'nt last 20 minutes in a Rugby match. :x