50 new Apaches Inbound

MM. Take a look at the following link. It's from 2008 but interesting nevertheless.
USN Puts NCOs In Pilots Seats
That's a factually incorrect article at a number of levels I'm afraid.

Yes my mistake there was an experimental programme for several years (2007-2012) but it has now been terminated and at least some of the warrant officers involved were offered commissions...
I believe that the Programme wasn't a great success for a number of reasons. I'm happy to be corrected by @ECMO1 but I don't believe the USN has any non-commissioned pilots.

Regards,
MM

It’s an Indian AF AH-64E.

Regards,
MM

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
That's a factually incorrect article at a number of levels I'm afraid.

I believe that the Programme wasn't a great success for a number of reasons. I'm happy to be corrected by @ECMO1 but I don't believe the USN has any non-commissioned pilots.

Regards,
MM
Agreed. I believe it was terminated around 2013, having started in late 2006, and wasn't particularly well conceived and therein when it was terminated created a snakes wedding of people with different TCOS to resolve and manage. One of my old colleagues was a NFO who explained this when we were looking at manning options.

Is it like one of those "Longbow" variants? I know f-all about helis...but couldn't see the that distinctive cheese rotating thing on the top so wasn't sure if it was like a "base" model or the full top end...

This is what I mean..

The 'dome' is removable. If you look at a British Army WAH-64 you'll see them with and without domes, but all are equipped for, and supplied with, them

I've said this before and I will say it again, the Indian AF over the last few years have amazed me with such a mish mash of American, French and Russian stuff - they used to be all Russian. And throw in Ukrainian and Israeli upgrades and what not along with the domestic stuff, Christ! Logistics...

They have been gradually shifting over to the U.S. stuff in recent times.

The Indians are certainly turning out to be big buyers of U.S. hardware!
Indians buying stuff from Cowboys....... Anybody checked the stuff for smallpox?
:)