50 Dead Men Walking

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Danny_Dravot, Apr 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Opens tonight, has anybody been to see it yet? looks alright...
  2. Dunno but enjoyed the book, will be watching out for it.
  3. Missed the London opening today, but there's always tomorrow. In fairness, Marty fell out with the burd who directed his tale, enough for the posters to remark it was a 'film BASED on a true story'. In Hollywood speak we can already anticipate what that alludes to.
  4. Film isnt actually that bad, although as its 'based' on the book, there are differences.

Still a bloody good film though....Well worth watching, and has a corking soundtrack as far as I remember!
  5. Film was good, book (as usual) was much better.
  6. Book fairly good. Film is very watchable and while obviously been "hollywood-ised" isn't too unbelievable. Apart from the last ten minutes that is. Worth going to see for entertainment value.
  7. In fairness to the lad, he wrote 'Dead Man Running' as a sequel, which is worth a mention from us who recoginise his efforts on our behalf. Life after............

8. Thanks :roll:
  9. Ach dry your eyes. I've hardly spoiled the plot for you. Watch it and make your own mind up. Then come back and tell me if the last ten minutes or so aren't "jazzed up" a bit. :D
  10. Seen it about 6 months ago, very good film
  11. I remember reading the book, then reading elsewhere that it was a big waltathon?

Or am I wrong?
  12. I've just seen this film and it really is a cracking watch, I recommend anyone to watch it ! Absolutely thrilling :D
  13. Strangely enough, I was just browsing Teletext earlier:-

14. was this based on the book where he goes on an operation to attack an ruc station and a female officer is killed and when they are back at the hideout someone remarks that hopefully they killed an unborn baby and he cries into the pillow