.50 cal shooters association UK

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by PrinceAlbert, Oct 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not a member but I have had dealings with them. Some good guys in there, and inevitably some real choppers. What do you need to know?

2. I want to join. I've emailed the guy on the website, just wondered if anyone on here was a member.

3. John Masefield is a sound bloke mate; and loves his shooting. The lady on the main photo of your link is a formidable lady aswell, and there are plenty of helpful people in amongst them who can help you control your Firearms Enquiry Officer. Have fun

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I know JM from club shooting in the midlands with Offa's Dyke and Wednesbury Marksmen. He is an honest and open man and a very good coach for new starters. You should get on well. They do share your sense of humour!

5. I've emailed John, will see what he says.

You make it sound as though I have an obscure sense of humour?!?! ;)

6. So, hankering after a .50 or a "mere" .338? :lol:

7. I believe Capt Skellen (Them) fires .50 cal at Altcar Rifle Ranges.

8. I've always wanted a dirty big .50 sat in my cabinet :)

9. Careful. All your other toys will get calibre envy and start to sulk.

Best to stick to a long cold shower whilst slowly ripping up £5 notes. Fully replicates the experience of a wet Warcop shoot.

10. I've had the misfortune of Warcop ranges before, thankfully without rain on one of the days we were there. Good ranges, shame about the location.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There will be feck all bambi left mind!

12. I'll be going for head shots :)

Not sure what it'd be like firing on your zeroing range, even with that backstop!

13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

He's right about the £5 notes too. When you've had enough of making really big bangs because you're bankrupt, let me know how long it takes you to flog your rifle! :wink:

Having said that, yeah, I'd love to have one too. :D

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

New channel tunnel portal perhaps?