5 Year Money & JPA

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by cheesybeansontoast, May 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hello Arrsers,

    I'm currently on tour at the moment and will be for the foreseeable future but I'm overdue my 5 year money, and would like to know what the score is now that we have JPA.

    I've been told by my admin clerk that there is nothing she can do, as she does not have the rights to manage me, and it must be done by my home unit.

    Is the payment meant to be automatic, actionable via a telephone call to the right person, or do i just have to 'wait out' until i return?

    Any help is much appreciated.

    (Edited for bad spelling, 3/10)
  2. You used to have to sign a 6848 form to extend your period of service to get these retention incentives. I'm not sure how this works wih JPA, but would expect that you would have to do something on line to get it now. Your home RAO should be able to find out for you, but please remember that your case will probably be the first they have dealt with so it may take them a little while, however, if you have a good clerk they should still be able to find out the answer for you.

    Best of luck.

  3. You never used to sign a 6848 at all, you are not amending your Terms of Service. You just cannot beat advice like this from people not in the know.

    Saying that I unfortunately don't know how it is done under JPA, not doubt it will take even longer than it used to.

    The old rules were 1st Monday following the month that you qualified Glasgow would produce the form and it would usually arrive at the unit with Supplementary Pay Statements.

    You would sign the form stating that you had not given your notice, it would be countersigned / authorised by the RAO and then returned to Glasgow.

    2-3 weeks from that would see the money in your Main pay Account.

    No signing on required to get it, you just couldn't have signed off prior to signing for the bonus, you could sign off the next day and still get it though - bonus :D
  4. This is the new way to do it. A sldr approaches his HR (Clk) and say's i think i am due my 5/8 yr bonus. HR checks and says yes you are, HR then prints off the form from the relevant JPA bulletin and then forwards the said document once signed by sldr and Offr to JPAC who will pay it to the sldr.

    Very straightforward and puts the onus on the individual to approach his HR staff and to take control of his own destiny. This is what JPA is all about after all.