• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

5 Scots

I am considering on deploying on an upcoming operational tour with 5 Scots. Has anyone here got any experience both good and bad of working with them.

Coming from a Southern Infantry Regiment I have never really had anything to do with the Jock Regiments apart from the odd career course.

They're a good bunch. Canterbury doesn't really suit the Jocks, then again it didn't really suit the Irish either i'm sure.

My bet is go for it, although you have a bit of time before they deploy.

f

brecon_billy said:
I am considering on deploying on an upcoming operational tour with 5 Scots. Has anyone here got any experience both good and bad of working with them.

Coming from a Southern Infantry Regiment I have never really had anything to do with the Jock Regiments apart from the odd career course.
Brecon Bully,
They are mostly a great bunch. They have a very strong group of JNCOs, some pretty strong SNCOs and WOs and some good officers. The new CO helps in that he is more of a soldier than the last bloke. Would highly recommend it. :D

Latest Threads