5 scots

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Damo510, Jan 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm in the Artillery and recently started my paperwork to transfer over to the Infantry, specifically the Royal Regiment of Scotland. Does anyone know if 5 SCOTS are taking on at the moment as I have heard some Infantry battalions are not recruiting at this time.

Any info that anyone has would be great. Cheers.
  2. The Jock regiments are always recruiting.
  3. I visted my AFCO in the last couple of months and was shown the vacancies for each Infantry regiment, All 5 of the Jockaneese Bn's had vacancies and from what I saw they had the most out of all the Infantry regt.
    Not sure if it's the same with transferee's (sp?) but I was told by AFCO staff that with new applicants you get stuck on a list for your chosen regt, and when vacancies open up the top of the list get fed into ITC, with the A grades getting priority etc.

4. Go for it! 5 Scots are a good bunch of lads!
  5. Whats made you want to switch? Im a bit stuck on my choices to join between infantry, artillery and rac when i think i got it i have second thoughts!
  6. All 5 have vacancies, But you will go where you are required not where you want to go, They allocate by Operational necessity "The need's of the Army come first but the needs of the individual come a close second" so I would suggest you look at all the Bn's and not focus on just one.
  7. I'm open to all battalions really, but 5 SCOTS are my first choice, followed by 2 SCOTS. Then either of the other two in Scotland. Don't really fancy getting posted over to Germany though.
  8. Germany is ending soon. We are pulling out.
  9. All by 2020 though, so there's still time.
  10. I want to challenge myself. It's easy to get stuck in a rut with a fairly easy day to day life. I'm not one for that type of shit so decided to go and become a real soldier. Rather than be stuck in camp in the UK and on Ops.
  11. Doubt you'd get Germany as 4 SCOTS finished H14 in October. 3 SCOTS finish in a couple of months so if your transfers *soon* it'll most likely be 1, 2 or 5 as they'll need the bodies.

We'll still be in Germany for a few years yet (latest rumours suggest 2018 but we'll see!)
  12. 5 SCOTS are recruiting as they assume the airborne taskforce role soon.
  13. ...and Canterbury is a rather nice place to live!
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Already done.
  15. That's a matter of opinion.
    • Like Like x 2