5 SCOTS Deployment?

#1
Alright Im going to Catterick on the 17th of May. Going for 5 Scots the Argylls, just wondering I've tried to find the next deployment information for them but can't seem to find it I know they just got back from Helmand in October last year. So not too sure if they are deploying end of this year or not? Only reason I ask is that, all going to plan during training I'd be keen for deploying end of this year seeing as the passing out date is november. Any information appreciated guys!
 

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
#2
_________________
Application: Processed
BARB: 72
Interviews: Aced
Pre Selection: Passed
Selection: Glencourse Passed
Oath: 11th of May
Basic Training: 17th Of May
Regiment: Royal Regiment Of Scotland ( 5 Scots )

PERSEC: Nil.
 
#3
mysteron said:
_________________
Application: Processed
BARB: 72
Interviews: Aced
Pre Selection: Passed
Selection: Glencourse Passed
Oath: 11th of May
Basic Training: 17th Of May
Regiment: Royal Regiment Of Scotland ( 5 Scots )

PERSEC: Nil.
Ok this is going to sound blunt but no pun intended, what does that mean? 8O
 
#4
At a guess, loose lips sink ships, plus its not too hard to work out who you are from the info you supplied.

PERSEC = Personal Security.
 
#5
mucus2 said:
At a guess, loose lips sink ships, plus its not too hard to work out who you are from the info you supplied.

PERSEC = Personal Security.
Care if people know who I am? Doesn't do anyone any good knowing who I am unless they intend assasinating me. Then again, "Care". ;) Many other's on this site supply the exacty same information.

I see well just asked a question that i thought was quite reasonable suppose I shall find the answer in due course. Im just one of those guys that likes to know information before I necessarily have to be told it.
 

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
#6
My point is that if you are so free with your information - then I couldn't give a monkey's.....but since you have demonstrated that you can't keep your trap shut then we won't be telling you about troop deployments that do present a security risk. There are still people out there that are intent on doing us harm.

So learn about PERSEC - think before speaking and try and put things in context.

Here endeth the Sermon - out.
 
#7
mysteron said:
My point is that if you are so free with your information - then I couldn't give a monkey's.....but since you have demonstrated that you can't keep your trap shut then we won't be telling you about troop deployments that do present a security risk. There are still people out there that are intent on doing us harm.

So learn about PERSEC - think before speaking and try and put things in context.

Here endeth the Sermon - out.
Nice rant, now go back to your little storeroom or what ever and play gangster to someone who gives a fcuk MATE. Security fcuk sake that's what PM's are for. And I said any information as in a time frame not the exact date. Im sure I will learn about "PERSEC" in training. As your aware Im still currently a civvy and can blame ignorance for not knowing what you were talking about, but hey it's a forum for sharing information and the likes so sorry if I over-stepped your "PERSEC" fcuking standards.

*edited for spelling.
 
#8
Good job you havent got an atitude or anything.
 
#9
RIGRAT said:
Good job you havent got an atitude or anything.
No attitude here, just had an argument with the sibling's hence the harsh retort, but I give as good as I get. Like I said currently living the civvy life and dont have a clue obviously about "PERSEC". Honestly the grief you get for asking what seemed to be like a reasonable question, but yeah I dont intend on starting a thread again. Thanks ;)
 
#10
liamo88 said:
RIGRAT said:
Good job you havent got an atitude or anything.
No attitude here, just had an argument with the sibling's hence the harsh retort, but I give as good as I get. Like I said currently living the civvy life and dont have a clue obviously about "PERSEC". Honestly the grief you get for asking what seemed to be like a reasonable question, but yeah I dont intend on starting a thread again. Thanks ;)
A little bit of humility will get you a long way. Listen to what people are trying to tell you and take the hint from those that know.
I strongly suggest you learn that now rather than wait until you find yourself immersed in a ditch under somebody's size 11 boot.
 

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
#11
Liamo88

I hope you feel better. As others have said on here - take some advice and learn a little humility. Giving back gob and attitude will not endear you to anyone.

If you spend a little less ranting - you will see that I am no longer serving but still have connections within the Defenec community - hence why I still take PERSEC seriously.

I suggest that you re-evaluate before responding. You simply don't know who is reading this and will quickly suss you out when you arrive at Phase 1. It could make your life much harder or indeed easier depending upon the responses you give.

Have a nice time in training. Toodle Pip.
 
#12
Getting back to the subject of 5 SCOTS

I could talk about all its battalions, but I shall concentrate on two of its Scottish battalions that have deployed. The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, 5 Scots, has a paper strength, give or take, of 700. Its actual strength or deployed strength is 500. It has been able to go into the field with only 500 of the 700 bayonets that it should be taking to the Taliban. If that is examined in more detail, only about 350 Argylls have gone on operations with 5 Scots, with the rest being made up of reinforcements from the Royal Highland Fusiliers, 2 Scots, and other Army battalions. Even more worryingly, there is a hideous bill for the long-term sick in that battalion. Not only is it under-recruited and undermanned, it is also carrying a large number of soldiers who simply cannot deploy because they are long-term sick
Not me, Patrick Mercer MP
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200708/cmhansrd/cm080610/halltext/80610h0006.htm
 
#13
Good luck with your career in 5 Scots, the AandSH are a great regiment. Hmm battalion now.


The PERSEC boys worried about the information you have provided have been reading too many SAS books!!!!

The information he supplied is no good to any enemy UNLESS they are employed by the British Army. Wake up.
 
#14
Who told you you were going to 5 SCOTS?
You will not be allocated to a Bn until week 19, you seem pretty cocky hope you get 3 SCOTS.
 
#15
western said:
Getting back to the subject of 5 SCOTS

I could talk about all its battalions, but I shall concentrate on two of its Scottish battalions that have deployed. The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, 5 Scots, has a paper strength, give or take, of 700. Its actual strength or deployed strength is 500. It has been able to go into the field with only 500 of the 700 bayonets that it should be taking to the Taliban. If that is examined in more detail, only about 350 Argylls have gone on operations with 5 Scots, with the rest being made up of reinforcements from the Royal Highland Fusiliers, 2 Scots, and other Army battalions. Even more worryingly, there is a hideous bill for the long-term sick in that battalion. Not only is it under-recruited and undermanned, it is also carrying a large number of soldiers who simply cannot deploy because they are long-term sick
Not me, Patrick Mercer MP
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200708/cmhansrd/cm080610/halltext/80610h0006.htm
Thanks for the information, I did hear from another post concerning all RRS battalions saying that 2 scots 4 scots and 5 scots were suverly under-manned. :D
 
#16
Bell206 said:
Good luck with your career in 5 Scots, the AandSH are a great regiment. Hmm battalion now.


The PERSEC boys worried about the information you have provided have been reading too many SAS books!!!!

The information he supplied is no good to any enemy UNLESS they are employed by the British Army. Wake up.
Thanks :D
 
#17
The_Borderer said:
Who told you you were going to 5 SCOTS?
You will not be allocated to a Bn until week 19, you seem pretty cocky hope you get 3 SCOTS.
Well I think you'll find that it's week 12 and throughout my training i'll make it clear I want nothing but 5 Scots. Im not pritty cocky just dead set on getting that one. If I get informed I wont be getting it then I will re-evaluate my choices. Thanks
 
#18
Have you never thought that persec may also be quite useful on this site due to there almost certainly being some DS from Catterick at this very moment rubbing their hands in glee at the imminent arrival of such a grade 'A' throbber? Thought not :roll:
 
#19
As for mysteron and righthand, ok took on board noted, but like I said before just wanted more information on the battalion I intend to join that can't exactly be a bad thing. 8O
 
#20
Bell206 said:
Good luck with your career in 5 Scots, the AandSH are a great regiment. Hmm battalion now.


The PERSEC boys worried about the information you have provided have been reading too many SAS books!!!!

The information he supplied is no good to any enemy UNLESS they are employed by the British Army. Wake up.
I really dont think the PERSEC guys were on about enemy's getting the information....

If you read there posts there talking about DS's and other people who work in the system working out who he is by the dates he's posted ect.

And when they know who he is, if he ever c**ks up on here they will be watching...

Smudge

EDIT* Forgot to say, Good luck Liamo. My recruitor was confident that i would get the battalion i wanted. Try and get involved with some of there events and talk to a few people in the battalion.
 

Similar threads