5 reg catterick

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Big_Bazza, May 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, going into phase 2 next month, I got my first choice 5 regiment and i was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what the reg is like day to day and what catterick is like accomodation, nightlife etc .. any help much appreciated.

ta lads

2. Unlucky, stay away from P Bty

3. enlighten me please ?

4. 5 Regt is a decent Regiment, they spend a lot of time away but you have the opportunity to use some interesting kit and do plenty of courses.

The accomodatin is second to none, virtually brand new and each soldier has their own bathroom, access to a communal living room and a kitchen.

Catterick itself is a garrison town full of squaddies and squaddy wives so not the best night out! Darlngton is close by and a bit better but if your feeling adventurous then Newcastle/York/Leeds are not too far to get to.

Dont worry about Grants negative comment, every regiment in the Bitish Army has their lovers and haters, he obviously feels sightly negative, I however am more professional and thoroughly enjoyed 5th Regiment. If you want any more info let me know.

Commz

5. cheers commz, pm incoming.

6. One coming right back at ya young un!