5 Real Life Soldiers that make Rambo Look like a Pussy

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Chief_Joseph, Jun 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. I thought that Andes Lasson did that too

2. Not that I'm aware of, doesn't mean it couldn't have happened though

3. I'm sure it was in the book his mum wrote about his life, on one of the very early raids he took part in, Possibly the raid on the Channel Islands

4. And if your realy want to know about hard,mad barstewards, check out 3rd(British) Troop 10 Inter-Allied Comando, they where really ALLY and nearly all German

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Arn't they the ones the new Brad Pitt film is based very loosely on

I remember reading about Jack Churchill in Victor Book for Boys years ago complete with ilistration of him attacking the Boche in Norway with Claymore

6. Don't know, but I just read the history of 10 Cmd. I always wondrered what they did, They only once fought as a unit, but they provided inteligence gathering, German speaking , commandos on almost every raid, in every thearter of the war, Dutch in the Far East see Commandos in Exile

7. Churchill was responsible for the last known fatality in war with an arrow, there have been several people killed with arrows in various conflicts, just ask the French.

8. Out of interest, jack Churchilll represented Great Britain in the 1939 Archery World championships in Oslo.

9. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

OneTap:

That is the most extraordinary bio I think I have ever read.

Is this a Wiki pisstake or was he for real?

If the former, he is a more legendary charachter than Sherlock Holmes or Sir Harry Flashman. If the latter...well, I am speechless.

Many thanks for posting.

10. He was for real. Made the average box of badgers look like a model of sanity...

11. What about that ex Admiral, Cowan , I think , who joined the Commandos when in his sixtys or seventys and the Estonian navy named a minesweeper after him. mad as a box of frogs. Had no teeth when in the Balkans so he used to mix all his food into a goopy mess before scoffing

12. Sir Walter Cowan, KCB, DSO*, MVO