5 Phases Of Turning Civvie - Part 2 ( The Garage Files)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Stoat_10, Oct 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In posting Part 1, it occurred to me that there is a separate phase lurking under the surface...

Refusing to part with useless, unreadable, usually Restricted pamphlets and course manuals. My guilty secret was a pristine Pam 45, though it's mysteriously disappeared...

2. Guilty there, why the hell i kept the pamphlet on how to use a hexi cooker is beyond me, the russian embassy told me to fook orf when i turned up with my kitbag for the use of, stuffed full of manuals from every course attended from 1965-91, seems that they had copies of everything except one of the BFBS programme guides which had somehow ended up stuck to a Charlie G manual.Ah well if i pass them down the family tree who knows one day! In the meantime keep bulling the trainers and bollock the wife for creases out of line on the purple/green/yellow shell suit....

3. You don't become a civvy when you leave. You become an ex.
    Important distinction I think. It's a a separate category that unfortunately falls under the umbrella of civilian.

4. I stand corrected supermatelot, and thank god for that. We need another name for it. "Ex" just doesn't cut it and has another less inspiring definition..

Ideas on a postcard...