• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

5 Phases Of Turning Civvie - Part 2 ( The Garage Files)

In posting Part 1, it occurred to me that there is a separate phase lurking under the surface...

Refusing to part with useless, unreadable, usually Restricted pamphlets and course manuals. My guilty secret was a pristine Pam 45, though it's mysteriously disappeared...

Guilty there, why the hell i kept the pamphlet on how to use a hexi cooker is beyond me, the russian embassy told me to fook orf when i turned up with my kitbag for the use of, stuffed full of manuals from every course attended from 1965-91, seems that they had copies of everything except one of the BFBS programme guides which had somehow ended up stuck to a Charlie G manual.Ah well if i pass them down the family tree who knows one day! In the meantime keep bulling the trainers and bollock the wife for creases out of line on the purple/green/yellow shell suit....

You don't become a civvy when you leave. You become an ex.
Important distinction I think. It's a a separate category that unfortunately falls under the umbrella of civilian.

You don't become a civvy when you leave. You become an ex.
Important distinction I think. It's a a separate category that unfortunately falls under the umbrella of civilian.
I stand corrected supermatelot, and thank god for that. We need another name for it. "Ex" just doesn't cut it and has another less inspiring definition..

Ideas on a postcard...

Latest Threads