5 more idiots

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by whatnow?, Aug 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's quicker than signing off.

2. would like to know who the gunners actually where, i was down in st johns wood and i dont remember that many people bieng 'Iraq veterans' as described on sky news. Only a few gunners got the chance to go on deployment...

3. msr

msr LE

But I dread to think of the consequences on your future attempts to gain employment.

msr

4. By the very nature that these druggies were thrown out they are not exactly FTSE 100 Boardroom material. They will probably bluff their way into some 2nd career and no doubt carry on dabbling in drugs. It would be a real pity if all discharged druggies had their National Insurance Number and address passed to the local Civvie Police and they kept an eye on them. It would be such a shame if they were nicked again wouldn't it ?

5. Why? I left the Army with an "exemplary" record. When trying to get a job in civvy st not one employer was interested in my "red book".

Being binned from the Army will not affect their future employment prospects.

6. Are you taking the piss??? Tw@t.

Do you think that the police would be interested in "keeping an eye" on someone because they were binned from the Army after taking drugs?

What planet do you live on.

7. I wasn't aware that the RHA spent their time "guarding the Queen"; am prepared to be corrected on that one.

Why is this newsworthy? Do you see headlines in papers saying FIVE BANKERS FIRED FOR COCAINE ABUSE or BUILDERS NICKED FOR HAVING A SPLIFF? In an organisation with 109,000 employees, many of whom are under 22, there are going to be those who do drugs, indulge in crime etc.

Oh really? As an employer you would think twice about employing a person who had been fired from a previous job; what's the difference?

8. As far as i know The Kings Troop take over for a month a year, in august, doing queens lifeguards whilst the household cav go away for training.

9. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

You are correct, but only if they knew, were told or found out. The reality is that most employers are unaware of the existance of the Red Discharge Book, and would probably accept the individuals word that 'their contract in the forces was over' or 'they had done their time' or 'i resigned (pvr'd) to be nearer home' etc etc.

10. It would be a shame, but also illegal.

Using drugs doesn't instantly make you an idiot, arguably foolish, but not an idiot.

I'm no apologist for druggies but it is tolerated in civi street, if not accepted.

11. I took my red book to an interview once. The person conducting the interview wasn't interested in it in the slightest.

Drugs aren't looked at in the same light in civvy st either.

12. Class A usage is compulsory in some City/media firms. Its a bit like having to do PT in the morning, except the women are prettier.

Hint: Never ask a gathering of meeja folk to 'form a line'.

13. There is none, consequences that is.