5 Minutes of Heaven

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Markintime, Apr 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just finished watching it. Two incredibly powerful performances, based on a true story, although the two have never actually met.
    It does beggar the question are reconciliation meetings worthwhile and do they achieve anything?

2. I found it very thought provoking don't know the answer to your question, only those in that situation can answer that

3. Normally I switch off after watching five minutes of James Nesbitt, but I really enjoyed this drama.

4. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I thought it was very good
    However in the 70's would they hve survived driving round aCatholic / Republican estate in a car with Brit plates wouldn't the patrol they were behind have stopped them just for that and he fact it would have been out of place

5. And Liam Neeson ( a convicted Loyalist killer) just wandering into a what looked like a Celtic supporters club ????

How many times did they drive past Glentoran Football Club in different directions in the same journey???? Shame, but otherwise a great, thought provoking drama.

Well worth a look on tinternet if you missed it.

b_s

6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Saw this too, thought it was good.

7. My bold - thank god for that, had a few at a family party and thought i was hallucinating on that one :D

Thought it was excellent viewing

8. Excellent, intelligent television. Quite a rarity nowadays. the young Liam Neeson actor reminded me of a good mate I had in the province (joined the Irish Guards) and they got the 1975 look absolutely spot on!

9. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Supurb drama. Very good performance by JN especially. Another spoiler:
    A gun in the hands of a young UVF (YCV) hoodlum would have been referred to as a ROD. Not a PIECE. Also the "spades" would not have cared who they killed.
    :(

10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Given that I have tha attention span of a five year old, I found this prog held me in right till the very end. Powerhouse performances from both but JN in particular. Really good stuff.

11. Apparently the shooting happened in real life, pretty much as it was shown. Perhaps the original car had NI plates, it could be a continuity or wardrobe mistake.
    The fiction of this story is that they ever met. The writer took the known facts and made a story out of what might have happened if they had met.