5 MINUTE LESSONS

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by HENDO, Mar 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Iv been tasked to deliver a 5 minute lesson on anything military, however I can't think of any good ideas. I was going to deliver a lesson on simple orders, but am unsure how to go about this.
    Any Ideas

2. Have you been tasked to deliver this 5 minute lesson to demonstrate your instructional abilities, your initiative and basic ability to organise something?

3. 5 minutes? That's worse than having to do an hour one, I find the main struggle is condensing everything down, without over simplifying and missing stuff out. Like snailio says, msr's Nirex sheets are very good and will provide a subject and all the info you'll need to present it.

4. pritty much yher, just stumped for ideas

5. 5 mins? That's a piece of piss. You could do how to apply a Field Dressing or how to hold a compass correctly using the EDIP Method (Explain, Demonstrate, Imitate, Practice).

I managed to make changing a fuse in a 3 pin plug last half an hour on my TTT course! :D

6. Do you have a model kit in your CEFO?

7. Christs sakes, you don't need to look far- how about your bloody sig block?? 5 minute TP on opening a coke can using a screwdriver.

Better still, opening a beer bottle using only a bayonet scabbard. If you can't make that last 5 minutes, you are a cadet.

8. Are you actually in the military? I'm sorry, but I can't be bothered to read through your last posts. Maybe you are just lazy and thought that one of us would provide you with the information you need.

Apologies for my abruptness but you still haven't answered Flash's question:

9. :D :D :D

10. I'm glad someone could see where I was going with that. :wink:

11. Sorry for the late reply yher basically it is to test our instructional abiliities and how we are standing in front of people and delivering lessons

12. Oh dear.....best of luck.

13. Very useful. After several years of trying to adapt to civilian ways of doing things, I finally blew my stack a bit ago and started giving briefings based on the opord format and developing schedules as if I were planning ops (eg, ground: the set of def stan emc requirements that our product must meet, en is emissions above criteria, fr is design, test lab. mission: to test emc characteristics to allow identification of defects before proceding to system qualification. etc - think of this example as recce by force). I've got a memory like a goldfish-operated sieve, so these documents will come in handy as aide-memoires to help me formalize the process. Cheers :D

14. Classic :lol: