5 Military Intelligence Battalion (Volunteers)- Transfer Opportunities

N

Notrust

5 MI Bn (V) have vacancies at both Officer and Soldier for both E1 and E2 positions, we are looking for Mil Skills instructors plus anyone interested in transferring to the Battalion as Int Corps, we are based in 11 Locations in UK, Edinburgh, Exeter, Bristol, Newport, Stourbridge, Nottingham, Chorley, York, Gateshead, Middlesbrough and Lisburn.

5 MI Bn (V) have vacancies at both Officer and Soldier for both E1 and E2 positions, we are looking for Mil Skills instructors plus anyone interested in transferring to the Battalion as Int Corps, we are based in 11 Locations in UK, Edinburgh, Exeter, Bristol, Newport, Stourbridge, Nottingham, Chorley, York, Gateshead, Middlesbrough and Lisburn.

Notrust

Are you staff or on a recruiting team??

I'm a Sgt (RMP(V)) but would like to transfer to MI. Currently in a posting (at an RTC) until end of 2012 but want to do a tour (not an RMP one).

What scope would there be to get the ball rolling so that come the end of 2012 (a year's not long) I transfer over having rebadged in my current posting and obtained my OPMI quals/ trg meantime.

Skills: DCBRNI, RMQ, Sub Unit Coach

Regards

Fuzz.

N

Notrust

Fuzz, thanks for the enquiry, we still have vacancies and if you would like to contact me via email I can answer specific questions and discuss a way forward.

And as always if you are in the south of the country there's 3 MI offering the same deal - only we wear berets rather than flat caps.

Anyone thinking about it, from my own perspective, 5MI are a good bunch. I worked with them on their Camp in 2010 as a visiting instructor, they made us welcome and had a good training package. They seem to have a good number who have come in from other cap badges so you won't be the odd one out!

N

Notrust

Regardless of location, both 3 and 5 ROSO's have an excellent working relationship and if someone is better suited to either Battalion they are passed on automatically, we are not in the game of point scoring, we have a common goal.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Serious question - what does an MI bn do on camp? What do your weekends consist of?

Serious question - what does an MI bn do on camp? What do your weekends consist of?
Serious answer - we don't do annual camp any more (thank ****). You'll do a course, attachment or work for one of our sponsors. Ditto weekends, if you're not training to do a role you'll be doing it. Plus MATTs, the odd field weekend and so on (or so they tell me).

Edited to add: I'm in 3, can't speak for 5 but expect something equally relevant, focused and awesome albeit with more whippets.

Obviously not; you may be unaware that I've not actually done a tour.

I don't speak for the whole of the Army but I can tell the tale of a mate of mine who was on one of the Telics doing a perimeter check in a landrover. The rear door was open so the blokes in the back could see out and a member of the RMP stopped the vehicle and insisted they shut the rear door.

any room for me and the lord c carrot ?