5 Military Intelligence Battalion (Volunteers)- Transfer Opportunities

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Notrust, Aug 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 5 MI Bn (V) have vacancies at both Officer and Soldier for both E1 and E2 positions, we are looking for Mil Skills instructors plus anyone interested in transferring to the Battalion as Int Corps, we are based in 11 Locations in UK, Edinburgh, Exeter, Bristol, Newport, Stourbridge, Nottingham, Chorley, York, Gateshead, Middlesbrough and Lisburn.

2. Notrust

Are you staff or on a recruiting team??

I'm a Sgt (RMP(V)) but would like to transfer to MI. Currently in a posting (at an RTC) until end of 2012 but want to do a tour (not an RMP one).

What scope would there be to get the ball rolling so that come the end of 2012 (a year's not long) I transfer over having rebadged in my current posting and obtained my OPMI quals/ trg meantime.

Skills: DCBRNI, RMQ, Sub Unit Coach

3. What is your problem with the RMP?
  4. Maybe he's just realised that the future's bright - the future's Cypress green.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fuzz, thanks for the enquiry, we still have vacancies and if you would like to contact me via email I can answer specific questions and discuss a way forward.
  6. And as always if you are in the south of the country there's 3 MI offering the same deal - only we wear berets rather than flat caps.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anyone thinking about it, from my own perspective, 5MI are a good bunch. I worked with them on their Camp in 2010 as a visiting instructor, they made us welcome and had a good training package. They seem to have a good number who have come in from other cap badges so you won't be the odd one out!
  8. Regardless of location, both 3 and 5 ROSO's have an excellent working relationship and if someone is better suited to either Battalion they are passed on automatically, we are not in the game of point scoring, we have a common goal.
  9. Fixed that for ya
    • Like Like x 1
  10. If you were in our mob you could have mobilised at 50. And then some - just ask Rebel.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oooo that was low, you rotter
  12. But it was funny though.
  13. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Serious question - what does an MI bn do on camp? What do your weekends consist of?
  14. Adventure drinking and games of "pin the tail on the donkey" on the sports island mostly...
  15. Maybe its because they are universally viewed as socially inadequate, power-crazed little shits?

Since you ask.