5 MI Bn (51 Coy)

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Nom_de_Guerre, Jul 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi folks,

I was hoping you could give me a few answers and tips on 5 MI BN.

I tried google and other searches but the only web pages available seem to be on armynet – real good for potential recruits...

Basically, I was hoping someone could give me the phone number for 51 Company; I have e-mailed the PSAO but no luck. Also, general advice in regards to fizz standards and commitment expectations would be very welcome. I have read the TA Recruit Selection sticky - that still accurate?

Thanks for any help.

2. if you have to ask you may want to rethink int ! lol

3. If you have any issues with contacting 5 then 3 MI are based in Worship St and can be contacted on 0207 611 3912.

Please don't worry about the while 3/5 MI thing, there is a considerable degree of flexibility in the system and it is common for soldiers to move Coys during their career. I would advise getting in and having a look at what is on offer before nailing your colours to a particular Coy's mast.

4. Cheers gents, I’ll give them a bell asap.

OOTS- I see that it can’t be that big of an issue over the whole 3/5 thing, as the telephone number you gave is the same as the one on FrogPrince’s link for 51. I was only drawn to that coy as the nature of their role but I will be sure to have a look around.

Cheers again.

5. If you are London based then head for 3 MI recruiting, as has been said you can look to what Coy to aim for once you have finished your initial training.

6. I'd agree with rebel on this. By the time you've gone through recruit training 51MI Coy will back as part of 3MI anyway. (April 2010)

7. Wasn't going to mention that for fear of being accussed of gloating. :wink:

8. Cheers chaps, good to know.

So, any advice you care to share with a future recruit?

9. The only thing that strikes me is how an organisation with "Intelligence" in its name ever thought that you could solve the problems associated with running Coys in the North from London by running Coys in London from the North.