5 men arrested on terror charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Stand by for many more of these incidents in the lead up to the Olympics as the Government seeks to take control of the unruly elements of society.

My money is on middle aged, middle class Christian fundamentalist men from the local Bible studies class, but I may be wrong.

Stand by for many more of these incidents in the lead up to the Olympics as the Government seeks to take control of the unruly elements of society.
What a shame the government appear not to give a hoot about the public safety apart in the run up to the Olympics.

Please enlighten me, guys.

It has been said not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslim.
9/11, 7/7, 11/3. Common factor - Islamic extremists

Of course not forgetting the ongoing terrorism of Hamas & Co. in Israel, the countless smaller incidents such as the Glasgow airport attack, Richard Reid the shoe bomber and Umar the Underwear Bomber.

It isn't Christians, Jews, Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists killing British civilians and soldiers - it is Muslims, of whom extremists are a subset. Why are our leaders still pandering to Muslims? At the very least, why doesn't our leadership demand that Muslims:
1) Renounce terrorism
2) Condemn Islam-inspired acts of violence, past, present and future.
3) State that suicide bombers of all backgrounds are not martyrs (guarantee to heaven in Islam), but murderers who die in an act of suicide (going straight to hell in Islam)
4) Accept that they are free to leave if they don't like it here

The silence of the moderate Muslims is in itself, deafening. Judge people not by their words (or lack thereof), but by their deeds. By its fruit will you know whether a tree is a good one, or a bad one.

Matthew 7:18 "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit."

It has been said not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslim.

Of course not forgetting the ongoing terrorism of Hamas & Co. in Israel, the countless smaller incidents such as the Glasgow airport attack, Richard Reid the shoe bomber and Umar the Underwear Bomber.

It isn't Christians, Jews, Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists killing British civilians and soldiers - it is Muslims, of whom extremists are a subset. Why are our leaders still pandering to Muslims? At the very least, why doesn't our leadership demand that Muslims:
1) Renounce terrorism
3) State that suicide bombers of all backgrounds are not martyrs (guarantee to heaven in Islam), but murderers who die in an act of suicide (going straight to hell in Islam)

The silence of the moderate Muslims is in itself, deafening. Judge people not by their words (or lack thereof), but by their deeds. By its fruit will you know whether a tree is a good one, or a bad one.

Matthew 7:18 "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit."
Wait a minute while I put the popcorn on....

What a shame the government appear not to give a hoot about the public safety apart in the run up to the Olympics.
In reference to what?

The QDJ for one has significant public safety element attached to it & it's not restricted just to the Capital, it's a nationwide issue.

Missed this then.

"Terrorism has no religion"

In response to the wider question of public security, HMG appears to only give a hoot about crime and disorder inconveniencing our noble guests for the Olympics (so special traffic lanes, huge influx of cops, etc).

I don't see that HMG cares too much about "the acceptable leve of violence" (to borrow a phrase) in normal society. For set-piece events (like the QDJ, etc) no expense is spared.

I don't want to see the QDJ or the Olympics ruined; but I'd like a government that appears to care that people everyday lives are ruined and blighted by crime and disorder. That doesn't appear to be evident.

Attachments

1) Renounce terrorism

One day, decent civlised people will realise that there isn't any god, other than the power of nature - ie Science. Just as the old viking, roman and greek gods; Zeus, Mercury, Venus, Hermes are now seen as quaint historical quirks and sculptures. So, in time, the likes of God, Jesus, Allah, et al will pass into history too.

Just as if someone today would be seen as mentally ill in some way if they talked, prayed and communed to Zeus and stood in court making an oath to some obscure old-world god. The day will come when "regligous" is taken to be "mentally ill - care in the community case". The really "devout" would be sent to secure mental institutions "for their own good". I doubt this day will come in my lifetime, but I hope it would.

It would help to kick start the Age Of Enlightment if a judge would declare, "There is no such thing as a god called Allah." Then all so-called religous motives could be dismissed out of hand and all offenses treated as they really are. Crimes!

I often imagine that at some time in the distant future, historians would agree that civilisation took a giant leap forward when common sense took over from all religious nonsense.

One day, decent civlised people will realise that there isn't any god, other than the power of nature - ie Science. Just as the old viking, roman and greek gods; Zeus, Mercury, Venus, Hermes are now seen as quaint historical quirks and sculptures. So, in time, the likes of God, Jesus, Allah, et al will pass into history too.
And if they don't learn to realise this, you'll blow them up in their shopping centres.

What is a Muslim sandwich?

Asking the moderate Muslims to condemn the extremists among their number is a very reasonable request.

Here, I can even start the ball rolling by saying, as a Christian, it is unacceptable for another Christian to resort to violence to further their political or religious ideologies.
Oh? Just which sort of Christian are you then?
The 'Smiting the unbeliever hip and thigh' and 'Shalt not suffer a witch to live' sort? or something a bit warmer and fluffier?

As a self-described 'boffin' (Scientist) surely even taking religion as an act of faith without evidence should be anathema to you?

(Stands aside to let Higgs_Bosun through)

Anyway, 'Just War' theology, which underpins the ballsachingly dull Laws of Armed Conflict videos we watch every year don't say nuffink about it being "unacceptable for another Christian to resort to violence to further their political or religious ideologies."

What it does say is that IF we do decide to get medieval on their arrse, its got to be under certain conditions-
As the Roman Catholics currently put it in their Catechism:
"2309 The strict conditions for legitimate defense by military force require rigorous consideration. The gravity of such a decision makes it subject to rigorous conditions of moral legitimacy. At one and the same time:
- the damage inflicted by the aggressor on the nation or community of nations must be lasting, grave, and certain;

- all other means of putting an end to it must have been shown to be impractical or ineffective;

- there must be serious prospects of success;

- the use of arms must not produce evils and disorders graver than the evil to be eliminated. The power of modem means of destruction weighs very heavily in evaluating this condition.

These are the traditional elements enumerated in what is called the "just war" doctrine. "

The evaluation of these conditions for moral legitimacy belongs to the prudential judgment of those who have responsibility for the common good."

Thomas Aquinas has a lot to answer for.

Incidentally, a mere thirty years ago terrorism was mostly Capitalist v Communist. Don't think that the current state of affairs is natural, or even of long standing.

Even now, most casualties, are Muslim on Muslim. We just sometimes get caught in the middle of an ongoing sectarian civil war thats been going on for centuries. Asking them to condemn the extremists is a bit problematic- They tend to all be 'devout' but in different directions. To them, the other buggers are ALL extremist sectarian splitters, and they will happily denounce them.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
jimmys_best_mate:4360390 said:
It isn't Christians, Jews, Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists killing British civilians and soldiers - it is Muslims
That will come as news to the families of the two lads murdered in Antrim not long ago. You don't get many Muslim terrorists in Northern Ireland for some reason. It's almost like someone else has already cornered the market.
You dont honestly think those kebab shops were raided for fun do you?

Just as if someone today would be seen as mentally ill in some way if they talked, prayed and communed to Zeus and stood in court making an oath to some obscure old-world god. The day will come when "regligous" is taken to be "mentally ill - care in the community case". The really "devout" would be sent to secure mental institutions "for their own good". I doubt this day will come in my lifetime, but I hope it would.

It would help to kick start the Age Of Enlightment if a judge would declare, "There is no such thing as a god called Allah." Then all so-called religous motives could be dismissed out of hand and all offenses treated as they really are. Crimes!

I often imagine that at some time in the distant future, historians would agree that civilisation took a giant leap forward when common sense took over from all religious nonsense.
Where do you think our morals come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads