5 extra dutys

I see the whinging **** has deleted his post. I'll fill in the blank.

"I'm a complete cluster **** and cannot tie my own boot laces and I was given five extra duties because I forgot to wipe my own arse, it's not fair etc etc"

******* hell,5 whole extras...how will you cope. Isn't there someone you can sue for harrassment!

Apparently so. The RSM was stood at the classroom door. Any NCO who wasn't five minutes early got five extras. The guard commander roster was very repetitive for about the next four months.

Was that the old, "When I say that I want you all formed up outside the classroom for 09:00, what time do
I want you to be there" riddle?
Nearly as complicated as the science of taking a 5 minute break.

'Five minutes before five minutes before parade' is all part of the game isn't it?

Sometimes you be a good boy and end up standing round freezing your tits off because parade really is at 0800 and not 0750. Sometimes you take the risk and end up being 'late' because 0800 really does mean 0750.

Without random shit like that the Army really would be no fun at all in barracks.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
'Five minutes before five minutes before parade' is all part of the game isn't it?

Sometimes you be a good boy and end up standing round freezing your tits off because parade really is at 0800 and not 0750. Sometimes you take the risk and end up being 'late' because 0800 really does mean 0750.

Without random shit like that the Army really would be no fun at all in barracks.
What used to get me all bent up was when every **** started adding 5 10 minutes to the schedule.

Parade for the Brigadier at 0900, Regiment to be formed up at 0855, but need to be early, because the RSM needs to have a look at the men first... which meant every **** would want a look at the men which meant that you're out the door at 0400.

And then not even get inspected by the Brigadier after all.

Same with block inspections... I swear we got inspected 8 time once, over three days because some twat high up wanted to have a poke about.

Ah yes, the Tp Comd inspecting you before the SSM inspects you to make sure you're fit to be seen by the Ops Offr who certifies you as fit to be seen by the Sqn OC who decides it's alright for the RSM to come and look at you before the CO can inspect and make sure you're ready to be seen by the Bde Ops Offr.

All to make sure you're ready to stand to attention in a tent and tell the Brigadier that he's looking at a Land Rover and a tent, which he can't possibly have seen before in his 27 years serving in the Army.

Everyone in 7sigs thought I had fucked up big style to do so many weekend duties, what they and I did not know was what a cock the squadron clerk was, he had seen a duties card that said Craftsman G**** and Changed it to Sig G**** so I was getting his duties as well as mine. The doss **** was too dull to check if there was a craftsman in the L.A.D. with the same surname as me.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
What used to get me all bent up was when every **** started adding 5 10 minutes to the schedule.

Parade for the Brigadier at 0900, Regiment to be formed up at 0855, but need to be early, because the RSM needs to have a look at the men first... which meant every **** would want a look at the men which meant that you're out the door at 0400.

And then not even get inspected by the Brigadier after all.

Same with block inspections... I swear we got inspected 8 time once, over three days because some twat high up wanted to have a poke about.

Worst example of this for me was a departure flight for everyone from Pleso airport Zagreb ~ due out at 1300, by the time everyone added on their hour we sat on our arses in the departure lounge from 0600........