5 Afghan kids injured by Brit Apache.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by vvaannmmaann, Jul 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Perhaps they should not have called it names.

2. Get em whilst they are young, just less lead required.

3. Bet the Jockey said "Get some, get some" kids can be easily mistaken for Water
    Buffalo.

4. Safe to say that these **** ups do nothing for the hearts and minds club.

5. Have you ever considered applying to be the BBC's resident military expert? With that kind of insightful mind you'll be a shoe in for the job.

People don't like it when their kids get shot by a helicopter gunship? Really?

6. And I think if the kids were identified as targets and engaged by the Apache full-on, they wouldn't be injured... They'd be in a billion pieces.

7. It's war. People get hurt. Sometimes innocent civilians. That's sad. But the people I know in UK forces take enormous care to avoid civilian casualties, often at the risk of their own lives. But you know, shit happens. It doesn't say how badly these people were injured - could be minor.

And guess what, sometimes Talib deliberately hide close to/amongst civpop because they know our RoE.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Compensation lawyers en route from UK.

9. I was looking at the bigger picture regarding NATO'S intervention in Libya numb nut.

If the scales of popularity get tipped in the wrong direction through repeated blue on blue **** up's like this, the civilian population will end up hating the very forces who are trying to help them.

I know it is war and all that, (Western military intervention in this case) but war is a risky business my friend and when military missions go tits up, the consequences can be dire.

Now, about this BBC job vacancy. :)

10. Since when have Afghan kids been found in Libya, numbnuts? It is what the thread is originally about.

11. NATO's intervention in Libya you need to take with a pinch of salt as the media reporting there are very closely managed by the Lybian authorities.

Yes innocent casualties unfortunatly occure but to be honest the families of the Afghans will now be getting a hefty payout in compensation, so they'll be happy as to be honest for all the ranting about their kids they'd sell them for a shed load of cash with no issues :)

12. Thats a vile accuracy....

13. So they were laying IED's were they!