5.56mm-The next Generation...

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by spike7451, Apr 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

O.K Guy's
    Lets see if we can guess what bone kit question everybodies mommies little trooper,5.56mm will ask next......
    I'll guess at -
    Are leather laces better than the issue ones?
    Over to you-
  2. I look forward to some posts from Woody32 on this, as I always enjoy the lad's amusing and entertaining contributions to this site.
  3. :wink: No, No, No It has to be White Para Cord (Left white of course, otherwise it will start to rot) :lol:
  4. I find zips in boots are good for the authentic walt image.
  5. No, Old socks sewn to the arms of Combat jackets - I think thats good!!! :)
  6. Does anyone else keep a razor blade, a compass, two snares and zip ties under the insole of their boots?

I find the razor blade very useful for cutting, the compass for moving around, snares are for trapping rabbits and the zip ties are useful if you are captured and they take your boot laces off of you, you can zip tie your boots on.
  7. Blimey I never thought of that, I bought the BCB/Arktis/Silvermans escape and cadet evasion kit...... doh
  8. What about a 'Johnny Seven' Cadet Boot with hidden compartments in the heels?
  9. To play devil's advocate for a second...5.56mm might ask some bone questions but he is, after all, only a kid and at least he is showing a bit of motivation and enthusiasm (in direct contrast to most of his generation). Pillioring adult walts is a sport to be savoured but don't you think going to town on a kid is taking it a bit far? Especially as he obviously doesn't get the joke...
  10. Wah!!!!
  11. errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

12. It's been done - remember Clarks Commandos?
  13. To be fair he has been given multiple blatent warnings before the serious stuff

As for bootlaces I use those liquorice whip ones so that if Im on e&e I have both a food source and a drinking tube (if you bite both the ends off) so I can drink the chocolate milkshake I have crammed up my hole...
  14. you cant beat a GOOD PAIR of Clarkes. of course the animal tracks on the sole was the best.
  15. army boots along the lines of those teen targeted trainers with a wheel built into the heel.

An entire company could be towed along a decent road by a single truck.
    An british infantry charge downhill could be a sight to see.