5.56mm rememberance thread - how do you lace your boots up?

I use laces and tie a knot in the end.... what do you do????

I use the genuine SAS laces I bought on EBay which are specially blacked out and have IR treatment so I can't be seen at night

I then modify my laces by sewing them into my boots

I can't tie laces yet so I use black an nasty to stop them from coming off. When I run out o' b & n, I find staples work pretty well.

I've heard that proper soldiers cut the cuffs off their combat jackets and sew them onto their socks. I've tried this but I can't get the button fastened. Any advice?

Black n nasty does the trick... cleans mess tins as well and you can mend a tank as well....

Zips! With the (essential for arctic ops) grenade ring pulls taped down to avoid unnecessary noise when on CTR. Zip-its... the way ahead!

I have moded my trousers by sewing the socks to the leg holes, now nothing can get in to my pants.

crabby said:
I use the genuine SAS laces I bought on EBay which are specially blacked out and have IR treatment so I can't be seen at night

I then modify my laces by sewing them into my boots
How can you see them to do them up?

I lace my boots up in a special way, so that when Gurkhas are in the area they can feel my bootlaces and know who I am. Some times I leave messages for them by tieing knots along the lace. A figure of 8 knot for a dash a round hitch for a dot.

I get the local mong to lace mine up & spit shine them for me at the same time!Simply spread the toe cap with Ice Cream & said mong'll lick them clean while doing up the laces!!

*sniff* he's gone
now the QM thread can get back to normal :)
i sue combat laces, brought of the web, they are guaranteed to have been in at least 4 warzones.
Makes me look tough and mean!!!

Latest Threads