5.56 or 7.62? - Yanks say 5.56 AR15 best for Zombies

More zombie crap. Just smash the telly up and then there's no more zombies. After all, they don't actually exsist in real life.

7.62mm for zombies, surely
after all, the SLR was the near perfect anti-zombie rifle

(is there a prize for getting a mention of that rifle in so early?)

More zombie crap. Just smash the telly up and then there's no more zombies. After all, they don't actually exsist in real life.
Done some research into this and discovered that all this zombie concern stems from sad, pathetic people who play electronic game devices way too much. There should be compulsory warnings flash up on the screen saying; "Oi moron, this is only pretend, it isn't real life!"

Zombie Apocalypse: Shop owners create the perfect gun to make the un-dead even deader | Mail Online

looks sporty (!),and if all these films are to be believed that headshots are the way forward to turn Zak into a mound of rags, that's a lot of 5.56 to hand.

But is 5.56 man enough to the task?
Base on my experience with 5.56 you really need two head shots to be sure. 7.62 almost always works with one head shot. Of course .50 BMG generally turns zombies head into pink mist leaving no doubt as to the results.

Baseball bat......much more fun
Baseball bat? Help a septic understand. I did not think baseball was played in the UK much. My son went to a secondary school in the UK and they had teams for Rugby, Cricket, Squash, Tennis, Football and even Real Tennis but not baseball. In the UK news one reads of assaults with baseball bats, why do people buy them? Is cricket so sacred that you cannot use a bat for a less serious purpose that cricket.

Baseball bat? Help a septic understand. I did not think baseball was played in the UK much. My son went to a secondary school in the UK and they had teams for Rugby, Cricket, Squash, Tennis, Football and even Real Tennis but not baseball. In the UK news one reads of assaults with baseball bats, why do people buy them? Is cricket so sacred that you cannot use a bat for a less serious purpose that cricket.
As far as I know its not played very much, but they had loads of baseball bats in Toys R Us last time I was there for some reason. Useful for batting people in the heed and is much more weildy then a cricket bat.

As far as I know its not played very much, but they had loads of baseball bats in Toys R Us last time I was there for some reason. Useful for batting people in the heed and is much more weildy then a cricket bat.
Ah, well that explains it, bought just to hit people. I suppose with no legal handguns in most of the UK the populace might want something for self defence. I just hope they buy good ash bats, these new maple bats just break too often. Of course you could pop over to RoI and pick up a few camáin. Well made of ash.

Ah, well that explains it, bought just to hit people. I suppose with no legal handguns in most of the UK the populace might want something for self defence. I just hope they buy good ash bats, these new maple bats just break too often. Of course you could pop over to RoI and pick up a few camáin. Well made of ash.
I prefer the aluminium ones filled with sand or lead myself :)

I prefer the aluminium ones filled with sand or lead myself :)
I cannot accept the concept of aluminium bats, same for aluminum bats. Simply violates over a century of tradition. Plus the "clink" upon impact with ball, head or knee is just not as satisfying as the "crack" of ash on leather, scalp or bone. The new maple ones are an abomination. i have seen more broken bats in the past 2 years than in the previous 50+ years. A player if going to be killed by flying bat fragments.

Plus tradition must be respected.

Thugs fuel boom in baseball bat sales - News - The Independent

for an idea of scale, put in baseball bat + belfast in to google

I cannot accept the concept of aluminium bats, same for aluminum bats. Simply violates over a century of tradition. Plus the "clink" upon impact with ball, head or knee is just not as satisfying as the "crack" of ash on leather, scalp or bone. The new maple ones are an abomination. i have seen more broken bats in the past 2 years than in the previous 50+ years. A player if going to be killed by flying bat fragments.

Plus tradition must be respected.
Whats aluminum?

Tradition is all very well, but for maximum impact one should go for the aluminium model as it can easily be filled with a material to maker it heavier. That said, the wooden ones will be easier to modify with spikey things.

The earliest citation given in the Oxford English Dictionary for any word used as a name for this element is alumium, which British chemist and inventor Humphry Davy employed in 1808 for the metal he was trying to isolate electrolytically from the mineral alumina. The citation is from the journal Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London: "Had I been so fortunate as to have obtained more certain evidences on this subject, and to have procured the metallic substances I was in search of, I should have proposed for them the names of silicium, alumium, zirconium, and glucium."[63][64]

Davy settled on aluminum by the time he published his 1812 book Chemical Philosophy: "This substance appears to contain a peculiar metal, but as yet Aluminum has not been obtained in a perfectly free state, though alloys of it with other metalline substances have been procured sufficiently distinct to indicate the probable nature of alumina."

Latest Threads