4th Battalion, The Parachute Regiment

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Trek, Apr 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening,

I'm looking to join the Territorial Army and have decided to gain information on joining 4 Para. My reasons are for the history that the Paras have and of course for the challenge that joining them would give. I was thinking of joining the Royal Marines Reserves, but as I am not an amazing swimmer, I decided on the Paras. - I also live close to C-Company in Newcastle (I'm pretty sure it's C-Company) and naturally, not a great distance to Catterick, which is handy.

I was wondering if anyone knows when the next 'Insight Day/Evening' will be held at Hebburn or at Catterick?

I am also looking for general infomation regarding the fitness side of training. I believe the standard is kept high (and rightly so) - 1.5 mile in under 9 minutes?

Thanks

[EDIT] - I have called a number which was given to me by the Army Careers office to ask, but no one picked up - I called most of the day today - The number is; 01980 835661

2. Hi mate,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you happen to know where I can find information about insight days? I've read everything I can on the official websites, but can't seem to find anything.

3. Ring the TAC up on 01914 832201 (Victoria Rd). Ring up during the day and make arrangements to pop over for a Drill Night. It's a very retro approach, but it'll probably work better than the ACIO and shit webpages.

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Same website:

[h=3]Recruiting Team: C Company (Northern England)[/h]

Telephone: 01904 66 45 66
    Thornbury Barracks
    Pudsey
    Leeds
    West Yorkshire LS28 8HH

5. Expect to be stuck in Internet Limbo with the new recruitment process for some time- but don't give up!

6. I've been trying that number for a couple of weeks myself but no answer/reply.

7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Out of date crap, then. See earlier post above or write a letter.

8. I can confirm that...it's 2 weeks and counting and the online Application link is still fucked. Don't bother phoning CAPITA, just keep trying the site daily.

9. As posted you can call through the day or alternatively show up on a Tuesday night around 1900 at the TAC; there is currently a holding troop at various stages within their application and it is a good insight for yourself as well as the recruit training team. The Company is spread across the North of England with Newcastle being one of 4 platoons.

The fitness is very progressive however a high standard will stand you in better stead throughout training. It is not essential to be a superman, many fit people have failed P Coy that were fit enough to pass but were not mentally robust or easily injured. The level of fitness for new recruits is the same as within the regular battalions and the 1.5 mile run must be ran in 9 mins 40 secs however this will depend on your age.

The recruitment Sgt for C Coy can be reached on 01904 664556; failing this much of the information regarding the recruitment process can be found within the forum, on the British Army site (4 PARA - British Army Website), Arrsepedia and paradata.

Good luck and....STANDBY!

10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Unfortunately there have been some issues with handling enquiries to the main C Coy line given on the website which have only recently come to light. These are being addressed as a matter of urgency and will be resolved soon. The website has also now been updated to show the recruit enquiry lines for the Hebburn and St Helens.

These recruit lines are answered by a mix of full time contract, part time contract and TA staff, some of whom have other roles as well. This means that they may not be manned every day, but if you leave a message someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

If anyone is still having problems, please feel free to PM me and I will answer your questions as best I can.

11. Top man

12. After gaining as much information as possible, thanks The Duke.
    I'm conscious that my overall fitness is not at para standard at the minute. And I don't want to waste people's time.

My question is; is it unheard of to go train with the paras on a Tuesday / weekend to gain fitness? Like a pre-selection if you will?

13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Locations will run a holding platoon. Once you have passed the TA Common Selection weekend(sub 10.30 for 1.5 miles) then there will be a programme of developmental fitness run on Tuesday nights to help you prepare for the cadre.

14. Consisting of knees to chest until you cry blood.