Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4para...

Hi,

I’ve just turned 28, physically fit and active.

I’m interested in joining the parachute regiment, I’ve got no kids or a other half so not many ties apart from close family and friends.

My only concerns are that I’m self employed and have built up good little business with regular customers and a nice steady income. I’ve always had an interest in the para’s and army life but I’ve always put it off, until the last 12 months I feel like I’m at a crossroads and if I don’t do things like this now I never will.

My other concern is I’ve had a good taste of civvy life, had the nice missus, a nice house and when I get into the barracks which will probably be with lads a lot younger then me, I’ll think ‘Ah shit’ this isn’t for me and I’ll be stuck there for 4 years.

So I thought maybe reserve (4para) would be best for me. I could keep my job, have a good taste of army life and back out if it’s not for me. So my questions are..

1. Would I undertake p company the exact same course as full time recruits?

2. Skillset and physical.. how far are 4para behind the other units?

3. If I pass into 4para, how easy would it be to move into a full time unit? Or would I need to do pcompany and full time training again?

ill speak to my advisor next week but thought it’d be good to get some opinions on here from you guys,

thanks a lot!

morsk

LE

The_Duke

LE
1. No. There is a Reserve P Coy which is slightly different.

2. Depends on the unit you want to compare them to, and using what criteria.

4. Moving on a short Full Time Reserve Service contract is relatively easy, and a well trodden path. A transfer to the regular army - not so much.

westyboy

Swinger
The Duke is correct as always - there are a number of individuals in the Bn who have recently mobilised on Toral and have since stayed on with 2 PARA on FTRS contracts.
If you want any more details drop me a message.

RS1988

Swinger
The Duke is correct as always - there are a number of individuals in the Bn who have recently mobilised on Toral and have since stayed on with 2 PARA on FTRS contracts.
If you want any more details drop me a message.
Hi - how long do FTRS contracts typically last for?

Latest Threads