49th East Brigade Patch positioning

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Sgt.McCrea, Nov 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello guys, quick question.

I've got a 49th (east) brigade patch and I want to know which arm it is sewn onto.

I thought that it was the left, however I've got the new style windproof smock and on the left arm is that stupid little pocket with the union jack sewn onto it. Does it go above or below, or am i being a complete spanner and it goes on the right.

Pictures would be awesome but any help would be much appreciated.

Rob

2. Left arm.

3. So I was right that it is the left arm, i just need to know where abouts now, because i've got the new style combat smock with the stupidly pointless small pocket.

Rob

4. Soz last wore the bear when 49 was up north (90's)

5. Is that the fox's glacier mint?

6. it is yeah

7. Harsh ST2B, but fair.

8. On a shirt it's 8cm to the top of the flash from the seem, i've not seen one on a smock, I would assume the union jack goes above the pocket and the flash below would look naff. Best ask your QM or ring Chilwell QM's. :?

9. anyone know an online shop/PRI shop I can get some from? I only have been issued with 3 and the power to be will not let us have any more. "Rocking Horse Shit" springs to mind...

10. Only 3?
    You mean you like wearing these patch things? Jeez. If they'll only let you have three, then surely that's as many as you'll be wasting precious moments of your life sowing on.

11. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Kelly Badges

[​IMG]
    R1D061 BLM 1.5.38* 49 Brigade (Polar Bear FL Head-Up - Green On Black) 1994 Pattern - Large Embroidered £5.00

[​IMG]
    R1A882 BLM 1.5.38 49 Division (Polar Bear Head-Up - White On Black) FL Printed £4.00

12. Cheers mate.

13. Simo,
    how long have 73' been wearing polar bears??
    Best place is a company called 'Lancashire Embroidery & Insignia' in, surprisingly enough, Lancashire!
    They make allsorts there, including rank slides to orde, whatever colour you want, with whatever logo's/wording you need on 'em.
    *word of warning- if you only want a couple, they have a 'small order' charge, so ask around if anyone else wants any, then divvy up the charge AND p&p between you! *
    REgards
    'H'