480 Platoon - "The Paras" Tv show 1982

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Red-On, May 11, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody know the fate of any of the blokes in 480? I heard from a drunk reg bloke on the gate one night that no names got slotted in NI and definitely no names was in the regiment apart from that dunno, must be close to the end by now for them...??
  2. Havent a clue red, but like you I'd be interested to know...perhaps there could be a catch up programme.....
  3. The short Black Guy, Deano, went on the become a world class athlete, lifted an olympic medal in Nagano for the four man Bobsleigh.

Bloody nice bloke too, even if he cant drink
  4. Had the pleasure of working with one of the graduates of that class in NI in 93.

He'd taken the natural career progression by then and was a Sgt. Probably still serving so I won't mention his name.

Who was the one whose trousers fell apart at the Passing Off, C*******m???
  5. One's flipping burgers in McDonalds in Oxford. ;D
  6. HLS

HLS Old-Salt

Served with one of the lads from the series, good bloke both in camp and OTP, switched on when out in the cuds and could look after himself down town when needed.

Basic requirements to be a good Paratrooper I'd say.    
  7. so which one was that HLS? Borland or Birrel? (just a guess) or Tony Butler (the ex judo champion)
  8. Remember working with Cunnigham in NI in 89 or there abouts. He had less hair than I remember.
    That bloody programme made me join up!!!
    Just watched the first of a two part prog on History Chann about The Falklands, V Good. Takes a more in depth view than the usual 'reporters eye view' that ITV and the like do. Next ones on next Sun I think. That bloody chindig made me join up too!!! Union Jacks, DMS boots and putees, ahhhh.
  9. Flash, I remember taking my DMS to the cobblers and having extensions sewn on with the end result being highleg DMS..and no bloody puttees!!!!!!
  10. The good old days eh? 58 webbing, sleeping bags that had two feathers in them and were sod all use when wet and then there were those lovley crisp packets that kept you dry as a bone ha ha

wish we could go back to them....not

really when you think about it combat 95 isnt so bad...
  11. I agree Red..especially when you consider that we used to have 2 pairs of boots (DMS) one of which was bulled up for best..and now...

Junglies, assault, training, best, desert, proboot, even a pair of matterhorns....
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Don't forget the Cape - before we got the "modern" poncho ;D ;D ;D
  13. Come along granpa, let's get you into bed with you nice hot cup of co-co!!  ;D ;D ;D
  14. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

I did some courses with a fair batch from the prog, including the boys who did some legion time and very nice they were even to a hat! They were trying to live down being in the spotlight, there weren't many reality tv shows around then  so it was new to everyone I suppose, I did think they coped very well with the pressure and posstaking form the Bn's