48 ES Coy?

Discussion in 'REME' started by steven8661, Jun 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is 48 ES Coy in Cyprus

Can someone give any info, as trivial as it may be about the posting, equipment, housing etc etc anyone who's been there, knows someone there.

Cheers

2. Too much information; edit this to remove the personal information and try again.

Litotes

3. Dare I suggest you get the phone book out and do some leg work fella?

Call your new Unit, funnily enough they will give you all the information you need.

Is it just me or is this a forum for lazy feckers with no ideas?

We are supposed to be an intelligent Corps, come on think before you type!

Oh and Enjoy Cyprus, get out and see the Island, use it to venture further abroad like Africa etc.

4. I wouldn't bother. I found that in almost all cases (apart from Greece/Turkey) international flights from Cyprus are more expensive than going from the UK.

5. Funnily enough i was asking for advice, experience of postings to Cyprus and confirming that it was the correct unit as its known as CSSU also.

Whats the point of the REME forum if all you get is sarcastic comments back at you, ive read and posted myself and to be honest theres some proper noshbags who post on here. I thought it was a useful tool to use to ask the wider REME community about advice, knowledge, experiences but really its full of ppl who are self righteous know it alls

Fella!

6. When I was there it seemed that Akrotiri was in a morale hole!! No-one seemed to like Cyprus down that end. When you drove into Dhekelia it was almost as though it was a constant party. Everyone was happy all the time, the attitude to everything was completely different. My advice, get a posting to Dhekelia if you can!!

7. L-V, sorry to disappoint, but DHK is a complete hole now - with 62 Sqn RE about to fold, it only leaves the Inf Bn and a rump of garrison support staff. Whole camp looks tired and run down, no thanks in part to a crap Estates Mgmt contract that the MOD signed up to. Roads are closed as can't afford to repair them. My best bet - go for AKI or EPI, as DHK prob even won't be there in a few years time. (And before anyone else chips in, Ay Nik can look after itself).